Part 3

Standing before me was my whole family and Nathaniel's church members, work colleagues, and high school friends. Our tree was decorated in lights with white silk cascading down the sides of the tree like it was running water moving towards the white chairs adorned with Lilies and pink Roses.

I couldn't comprehend what was happening. Ria squealed with delight.

"Ria are you getting married?"

"Hahaha Nooo egg...You are."

I kept staring at her blankly.

"No time like the present to get hitched."

She grinned at me and I broke down crying.

"I can't get married today...I'm too fat."

"A'e can you not?! You're glowing, your not fat. Besides, your pregnant. You're allowed to be fat."

"So I am fat."

Nathaniel who was strolling up to us wore a look of worry.

"Babe what's wrong? Is it the baby? Are you in pain?"

I shook my head too upset to speak. Ria cut in.

"She's fine, the baby is fine. She's just overwhelmed with joy that her hormones kicked in hence the ugly cry."

Nathaniel didn't look convinced giving me an intent stare. I nodded my head to assure him. And then my emotions went up a notch.

"You didn't even propose!"

"Oi sole..Babe do you really want a proposal? We both know we're going to eventually marry so why not just do it now? What would you rather? An engagement and then plan a wedding or have the wedding now and spend the rest of our lives having me surprise you each day and make it feel like it was like the first day we met?"

"But how do you know I'd want to marry you?"

Nathaniel paused for a second unsure.

"Baby you don't want to marry me?"

His voice was filled with confusion. His face had a look of vulnerability. I felt bad.

"Of course I want to marry you....I'm fat!"

Nathaniel looked at me incredulous while Ria sighed rolling her makas (eyes).

"Who the hell called you fat babe???!!" 

He was fuming...

"I did."

"You're not fat. That's our baby you're carrying Shaye. You will always be beautiful to me. You can gain as much weight as you want and it wouldn't change the love I have for you. Any other reasons you have for not wanting to marry me today?"

"I don't have a dress...."

"Yes you do. We have exactly 5 hours to get ourselves ready. Which means we, my dearest sister are going across to the hotel where the hair and makeup stylist is waiting for us. Leave the decorations to Dad and the Boys to deal with. Now kiss your future husband goodbye and lets get moving."

Taking Ria's orders I leant forward to give Nathaniel a kiss. It soon turned heated that Ria's cough brought us back to earth.

"That wasn't awkward for me at all aye."

Rolling her eyes again. I smiled at a grinning Nathaniel and placed one more kiss on his lips before Ria started leading me away to the Hotel to prepare myself for my unexpected big day...

The dress fit me perfectly like a glove. I felt beautiful for the first time ever during my pregnancy and illness. Staring at my reflection the signs of my being sick vanished with the magic of the makeup artist. The only visible sign was the swollen look around my eyes.

The door opened to my 3 brothers walking in all dressed up in their finest.

Oldest Bro- Wow...you truly look breathtaking.

Middle Bro- Yeah sis you look really pretty.

Youngest Bro- Breathtakingly Pretty.

Oldest Bro mumbles..

"Always gotta go one better"

I smiled seeing my brothers, giving them all a hug. I felt the tears running down my face.

Middle Bro- Hey, hey none of that. Ria said she'll beat up anyone who makes you cry.

"Haha she's turned into a terror"

Younger Bro- Indeed she is..

I smiled at my brothers with their dramatic shivering.

Oldest Bro- We just wanted to come and wish you all the best with your new life with Nathaniel. We approve...

"Approve of Our marriage?"

"Of your Husband. After what we just witnessed.."

My brothers were looking choked up.

"What did you witness?"

Older bro- I walked in the room after getting ready and I overheard Nathaniel talking with the kids..

Younger Bro- Meaning he was being a faikala (eavesdropper).

Oldest Bro glared at him.

"Meeaning, if I didn't witness what I did I might've never accepted Nathaniel into the family."

Feeling flustered already by the wedding jitters I was already on edge, snapping at my oldest brother.

"WHAT DID YOU SEE??"

Oldest Bro- I walked out to see Nathaniel tying Noah's shoe's. Nivs was sitting beside Noah waiting for Nathaniel to fix her ribbon.The whole time though Nathaniel spoke to the kids about the marriage and baby...He was reassuring them of their importance in the family, that just because youse are expecting a baby soon doesn't mean youse love them any less or will not want them anymore...

My brother was getting choked up, clearing his throat.

"I know now that he will take good care of you sis and your little family."

I sat down shocked and in awe of Nathaniel's thoughtfulness. That he would take the time to let the kids know of their importance and that baby doesn't affect their position in this family left me humbled by the blessing God bestowed upon me when he led Nathaniel to me that day at the mall..

Ria and my Dad walked in.

"It's time for us to take our places. Time to get this girl married and off your hands aye Dad"

Nudging my Dad playfully on the side only to find our Father's eyes watering up as he gazed at me.

My father whispered putting his arm out for me.

"You ready Alessandra?"

"More than ever Dad"

We all walked down making our way to the beach and towards the Love of my Life....