Chapter Twelve- River

Well this chapter is short. It's just a filler chapter, really. lo siento but next chapter will be longer, I promise.

His face brightened instantly when he saw me.

Chapter Twelve- River

Amelia's POV

"He's ready to go," the nurse told me, the harsh white lights draining the color of her skin. I allowed her to lead me to his room, even though I knew where his room was as if it was the back of my hand.

When I reached the room, he was already sitting up straight, his legs dangling off the edge of the bed as he struggled to put his shirt on.

"Oh good, I thought you were dead," I grinned as I approached him. His face brightened instantly when he saw me.

"Me too. I'm just ready to be by your side again," he stated, his smile bigger than I last remembered. I felt my heart swell as I fully realized that River was okay again. I'm able to see his glowing smile once again.

"Woah, take it easy," I warned as he tried to stand. I knew he was a wolf and he was pretty much healed but he still needed time to rest. "I think you should lay down, just for a little bit longer."

"Oh, no. I'm ready to go. I'm fine, see!" he exclaimed as he shifted in the middle of the room. Suprised, I took a step back and admired his childish behavior. He shook out his fur before pouncing around the room as if he was still a pup. The room was small though and he practically took up all the space.

"Ok fine but-" I was interrupted by the smell of my mate- she was near. I spun around on my heels so I could see the beautiful face of my Peyton. Her face was glowing, even under the horrible hospital lights. "Peyton."

"I heard that he woke up," she stated, uneasingly, "I brought some flowers."  It wasn't until then did I notice the pink roses in her hands.

"Oh, thanks. I'm hoping they'll let me leave today. I'm ready to go," he chuckled but I was finding it hard to focus on my injured Beta when there was a gorgeous girl in front of me. It took me a while to realize that he had shifted back and was hiding his naked body with the hospital bed sheets.

I watched Peyton as she placed the vase of flowers on the counter, her movements gentle. Her laugh filtered into my ears but she wasnt laughing because of me, she was laughing at whatever River was saying. It was if she was ignoring my stare or more importantly, me.

She glanced in my direction but once she noticed I was already watching her, she quickly looked away. "I think I'm gonna go. I 'm glad you're okay, River," she said, trying her best to ignore my presence. She looked at me once more before walking out the room, leaving a small hint of her delicious smell behind.

"Well that wasn't awkward," River chuckled as he pulled on some spare clothes that I had left for him earlier. "What did I miss?"

"Well, um- nothing special really. I almost killed my mate, yeah," I paused, "Oh wait. I mated with Peyton. So, that happened." I couldn't take my eyes off the door.

"Why is she ignoring you, then?" I shrugged in response. I wasn't quite sure what I had did to upset her.

"Are you ready to go?" He smiled, brilliantly, before hopping onto his bare feet and rushing out the room. It was nice to see River like this again.