Chapter Five- The Full Moon's Effect

Sorry if this chapter sucked and was short. sigh

My eyes closed as I tried to savour the moment because I knew that very soon, I would hate her all over again.

Chapter Five- The Full Moon's Effect

Peyton's POV

The next day, I received an invitation to the annual Elder meeting. This meeting happened every year and all Alphas that lived in the country were to attend. The Alphas stayed for at least two days in the most fabulous mansion, where they would have a very important meeting with the Wolf Council and attend a ball so we could meet the other Alphas.

I was rather excited for this event. The only thing I wasn't looking forward to was Amelia.

++++++++

When I arrived at the mansion, I was taken aback by the beauty of it. Of course, I had seen this mansion before but it was still beautiful every time.

With my beta at my side and my luggage in hand, I walked into the building with confidence in my stride. But the confidence quickly vanished the minute I saw Amelia.

As if she felt my presence, she glanced behind her and we made direct eye contact. She smirked before turning back around to finish checking in.

Taking a deep breath, I went to stand behind her until she was finished. For some reason, my attraction towards her was amplified and I assumed it was because the Full Moon was coming soon. She winked at me before finally leaving and probably, heading to her room.

Once my Beta and I got our separate keys as well, we headed off in different directions to our rooms. I followed a long hall until I arrived to my room. The hall was filled with a sweet perfume that drove my wolf crazy. Finally happy to be away from Amelia, I unlocked the door and entered the huge suite. But I regretted it the moment I saw my mate. 

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned. Even though she was surprised to see me, she smirked as she strode towards me with much confidence. 

"Looks like I can finally have you to myself," she stated. She leaned close to my face and reached behind me, shutting the door and trapping me in this prison. Her breathe was warm against my face, my eyes closed on instinct. I stiffened when I felt her lips brush mine lightly, so lightly it felt like the brush of a feather. 

My lips parted in expectation but I was soon disappointed when she pulled away. "You need to get ready for the ball tonight," she commanded. I released the breath I didn't even know I was holding and went to get ready for the ball.

The entire time we were getting ready, the room was silent, too silent. The silence only made matters worse. My nerves were already going crazy from being in the same room with her. But the silence left me to my thoughts and my mind was literally buzzing with thoughts of her, as well. 

Once fully dressed, I looked in the mirror and felt content with how I looked. My floor length, red dress allowed my back to be seen and complimented my skin tone quite well. "Well don't you look beautiful."

I glanced at the Amelia in the mirror and had to turn around to get a better look at her. Her black dress was absolutely gorgeous and when she walked, the slit in her dress revealed her long legs. Her bangs were pinned back as the rest of her hair flowed beautifully down her back. I was too speechless to respond so I just stood there like an idiot. 

"I know," she chuckled, "I look amazing." She leaned against the door frame of the bathroom as her eyes roamed my body. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered even more and I felt like I was going to be sick. If this was how it felt to be nervous, then I never wanted to have this feeling again. 

"Come on, we're going to be late," she stated. She extended her hand and I quickly took it. Usually I would have growled at her and pushed her away but for some reason, I found myself obeying to her every command and enjoying every minute with her. Smiling, she pulled me out of the room and we walked to the ball room in a comfortable silence. 

The delicate music of the violins echoed off the walls, reminding me of the soft voice of my mate. The room was crowded with well dressed werewolves and it seemed impossible to even walk. 

Amelia squeezed my hand, reminding me that she was still holding my now sweaty hands. "May I have this dance?" she asked, causing me to look at her with wide eyes. Before today, I would have hated the thought of even touching her but here I was, about to dance with her. The only excuse for this happening would have to be the Full Moon, or maybe I was finally accepting her. 

Unable to form any coherent words, I nodded my head and she dragged me to the middle of the crowd. Her hands held onto my hips, the warmth of her palms seeking through my clothes and burning my skin. I could feel my cheeks warming up and I quickly buried my face in her shoulder. It felt nice to be so close to her, even my wolf seemed to enjoy the attention. 

I nuzzled her neck, taking deep breaths of her sweet aroma, as she swayed us back and forth. I repositioned my head so I could slightly see her face. Her skin glowed in the golden light of the ballroom and so did her eyes. My eyes closed as I tried to savour the moment because I knew that very soon, I would hate her all over again. 

After the ball was the official meeting and I was beyond bored. All the council talked about was topics I already knew about. My work was usually my most important priority but my attention span was incredibly short all of a sudden. The Full Moon really did have a huge effect on me. The topics weren't the only thing that was keeping me for concentrating. My mate was extremely distracting. I laid my head on the arms as I stared at the side of Amelia's face. She wasn't entirely focused on the council either but she was at least trying. 

After sitting in the same position for at least three minutes, I decided to mess with Amy. I slowly raised my finger and pressed it into her forearm. She glanced down at me for a second before returning her attention back to the council. Unsatisfied with her response, I poked her again, and again, until she finally cracked. 

She snarled at me quietly with her glowing, green wolf eyes and I would hate to admit it but it actually turned me on. When she went back to focusing, I tried another tactic to get her attention. Sliding my hand under the table, I reached for her mid thigh and squeezed. She instantly tensed, encouraging me to continue. I moved my hand higher, enjoying the way she squirmed underneath me. 

Growling, she grabbed my hand and threw it away from her, not even glancing at me. Even though she acted as if she was annoyed, her smell of arousal told a different story.

Thankfully, the meeting ended after that and we were sent to our rooms. Before I could move, Amelia grabbed my wrist and pulled me to our room. By the tension in her shoulders, I could tell she was either frustrated or angry. 

When we reached the room, she wasted no time in pushing us in and throwing me into my bed. "Go to bed, Peyton." she demanded. My wolf, internally, whimpered and I obeyed her commands. I removed most of my clothes before pulling the blankets over my body. 

I watched Amelia as she paced across the room. I didn't understand why she was so upset. "Why am I feeling like this?" she growled as her fingers tugged at her hair. 

"Feeling like what?" I questioned. She turned to look at me, her eyes back to their glowing green. 

"Sexual frustration." I gulped at the mention of her problem. 

"The Full Moon is coming soon. That's probably why." Growling, she threw herself into her bed and turned her back to me as if she could shut me out. I suddenly felt empty and alone at the sight of her ignoring me. Even though I was trembling and scared, which was an odd feeling for me, I walked to her bed and climbed in in front of her. 

"What are you doing, Pey?" she sighed with her eyes closed. I didn't respond as I pressed my back against her chest and forced her arms around me. I could feel her tense behind me but she eventually gave in and pulled me closer.