Chapter Twenty Four- The Final Battle

ayye so this is the final chapter. I just want to thank everyone for continuing to support me and my work. i hope you continue to read my books but really, thank you!

  He reeked of blood and sweat.  

Chapter Twenty Four- The Final Battle

Amelia's POV

There was a distant howl and I knew at that moment what was happening. I turned to confront Valdez but he was already staring at me, a knowing look in his eyes. I growled while pushing Peyton behind me. "What have you done?" I asked Valdez. I noticed that a few of his wolves were getting dangerously close but that only made my own wolves step in front of us. 

"You should've known this was going to happen. You were just too stupid to realize this was a trap," he responded with a wicked smile. "This is what is going to happen. You're going to fight me."

"And why would I do that?"

"Either you fight me or I slaughter all of you. If you won't establish us as a pack then I will just have to kill you for recognition. Maybe that will get the elders attention."

I glanced down at Peyton and she looked back at me, worry strong in her eyes. "Fine, we'll talk to the elders just let us go," Peyton said calmly. I could hear her silent protests floating through my mind and I knew how much she hated saying that. 

The Elders would never agree to establishing and funding a pack full of rogues. Rogues are crazed wolves that were either kicked out of their pack because of a crime they had commited, lost a loved one, or lost their mate. They were insane and would do anything in search for acceptance which mostly meant they went searching for blood, thinking that gave them power. 

Just mentioning it to the Elders would look bad on us and would give us a reputation that we were pro rogue when almost everyone has experienced the lost of a loved one because of a blood thirsty wolf. 

"There's only one problem. Letting you go would make me, as an Alpha, look bad," Valdez stated as he began to pace around in a circle, his features slowly turning more wolf like. 

"You are not an Alpha," I replied lowly as Peyton held onto my arm to keep me from saying anything that would provoke him. "You are barely even a wolf. All you are is a power hungry and cruel animal and a sad excuse for a being."

He growled, rushing forward and holding my neck with his hand, the tips of his claws digging into my skin. But I continued my abuse, even when I could hear Peyton's protests in the back of my head. "An Alpha is supposed to be a good leader and be a good example for their pack. What kind of Alpha would allow their pack to kill others in order to get what they want?"

"You have no room to talk!" He bellowed, his claws sinking in deeper. I pushed against him and he stumbled backwards, his wolves slowly approaching us. "I am an Alpha! I am the Alpha!" 

And with that, his pack members rushed towards us but we were quick to respond and my wolves tried their best to keep them from Peyton and I. It was clear that we were outnumbered and to be completely honest, I didn't know how we were going to leave this place in one piece. But I had faith that the wolf spirits would give us guidance. 

I reached for my mate but only to find that she was already in her wolf form and attacking the rogue wolves. I was shocked for a moment to see her taking such strong initiative but she was an Alpha and she was a great one in fact. 

I shifted as well, growling at the wolves that dared to make eye contact. Their eyes were so lifeless as if they were no longer themselves and their bodies were just on auto pilot. I pitied them but also wished them the best of luck when I ended their miserable lives. 

I charged head first into the sea of wolves and fought to the best of my abilities. 

/ / / / /

It felt like we had been fighting for hours once it was over. My back ached from the multiple bites, my face was covered in blood and cuts, and I could hardly keep my eyes open. 

There were only six people standing at the end of the day. Two of them being Peyton and I. The other two was Valdez and Matthew and the rest were the last standing pack members. 

I turned in circles, my eyes looking at every single lifeless body and I had to stop myself from falling to the ground in tears. We had lost so many and I hated myself for not being able to rescue everyone. There were only two left and those two were practically in pieces. 

"It's over, Valdez," Peyton yelled. I watched as the man looked up at us, a fearful look in his eyes. He was mourning over his dead friends and I could tell he was surprised we had defeated all of them. But I was a good example to my pack as an Alpha should and I raised them to be excellent fighters. It was no surprise to me that we won this battle. 

"My people grew up on this soil and died on this soil," he stated in a rather low voice, his hands trembling slightly. "I will die here as well." He met our eyes before taking his own claws and ripping out his throat before his body fell limp and hit the ground with a thud. 

We stood there, speechless and unable to move a muscle. I had never seen someone kill themselves and I had never expected him to do just that. My heart finally had enough and I fell to the ground, my hands covering my heart as I began to cry. 

I howled back to my pack, letting them know that we were coming and that we were okay but I had no idea if they were even okay or if there was anyone left to listen to my call. They could all be dead, just like the ones here. 

My cry was short but that didn't stop my hands from shaking or my heart to ache. My beloved pack had slowly decreased over the course of a few months and I couldn't help but feel responsible for it all. Not only that but I witnessed a man kill himself because of something that I did in order to protect my own pack. 

"Come on," Peyton whispered as she helped me to my feet. "It's going to be okay, Amelia. You did what you had to do. We all did."

I turned to look at my few pack members that were still alive and I faced them completely, my posture straight and my eyes emotionless now. "I want to thank you for everything you did today. Many fell but they will not be forgotten. Thank you." 

I met Matthew's stare and was surprised to see him smiling at me, a type of smile that was meant to encourage and I smiled back. I held my arm out and he limped forward, allowing me to throw my arm over his shoulder. "No hard feelings?" I asked as I held my hand out. He reeked of blood and sweat.

"Anyone who is willing to risk their life for my sister and their pack is a friend of mine. Protect her with your life, Amelia and we won't have any problems," he replied as he shook my hand. 

When we went back home, it was dead silent, not a single wolf could be heard or seen. The place reeked of rogues but there was hardly any damage. River ran up to us the moment we arrived, a look of gratitude in his eyes. 

"Are you injured, Alpha?" he asked as he checked my body for any injuries but I didn't answer him, I only hugged him. I was just grateful that he was okay and that we were okay. "We're okay, Alpha. I'm okay."