Chapter Twenty Two- Anger

Matthew's pov in this chapter so enjoyy

But I had and her lip was bleeding slightly. 

Chapter Twenty Two- Anger

Peyton's POV

"Alpha, a man named Mr.Valdez is here to see you," one of my pack members, name Luke, said as he opened the door to the office that Amelia and I shared. 

"Send him in," I replied, suddenly scared as to why he was here and why my wolves allowed him to come inside the building. I fixed my collar, noticing that it was warmer than usual. Seconds later, Valdez walked inside, his black suit standing out against his tan skin. I smiled at Luke before he closed the door and left me in the room with my potential enemy. "Why are you here?"

"We have matters to discuss," he stated simply as he sat down in front of the desk. I moved my papers away and put them in neat piles. 

"You do realize that you are on my land with my pack. I could end you right now," I stated, my hands folded in front of me as I stared into his dark eyes. He smiled but I noticed his claws that were gripping the arms of the leather chair he was sitting in. 

"But you haven't done anything yet." He paused to see if I would react in any way. "Do I have to remind you of the last time I had my people attack your pack? You were injured pretty badly if I do remember correctly."

"What do you want, Valdez?"

"I want what everyone wants. Power, wealth- land."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"You are one of the most powerful packs in this country. You can make anything happen and with my threat of creating another war while half of your pack is still healing, you can give me what I want." I was at a loss for words at this point because he was correct. I refused to fight again, not after the many deaths and injuries  we were dealing with. "I'm tired of being looked at as hopeless wolves with no home. Rogues need to be given another chance. I want to officially make my own pack and I need your help."

"You were kicked out of your packs for a reason, Valdez. If I supported a bunch of rogue wolves, it would look bad on my part and secondly, I don't have the money it requires to establish a whole new pack." 

"Fine, I will find my own cave to dwell in. All I'm asking you is to talk to the Elders, talk them into letting become a part of the community again." He stood up, his hands on the top of the desk as he stared down at me, frustration in his eyes. "I get by with the cash we steal from the humans and the jobs we had to take up in order to provide for ourselves. And the cave we live in doesn't fit all of us."

"I can't help you." He seemed upset over my final answer but he chose to hide his emotions. He stood up straight, his hand fixing his wrinkled shirt before he smiled and walked towards the door. 

"Then I will destroy you. You made a horrible decision, Peyton," and with that, he walked out, his musky smell still lingering in the room. Sighing, I laid my head on the cool surface of the desk, frustrated at the possibility of another war. I had to find Amelia. 

Matthew's POV

I waited patiently outside, my gaze locked on my new Alpha as she trained some of the young wolves. Just seeing her made my skin crawl and my fist heat up from anger. I hated her for the effect she's always had on my sister and I hated that I didn't have the same effect. 

I had accepted that my sister would never love me back and that she will forever be attached to Amelia's soul but that wouldn't stop me from at least fighting back. I wasn't going to go down without a fight. I had to prove my point. 

"Okay, get some water," Amelia said to the kids before they ran off into the house with mud all over their faces. She seemed to notice my presence and fast walked towards me, a small towel wiping the sweat off her forehead. Once she approached me, she smiled as if she knew why I was there. "What do you want, Matthew?" 

She looked out at the other wolves who were relaxing outside and she smiled again. But I hated that stupid smile of hers. "You stole my sister from me. Why do you think I'm here?" I replied. She removed her gaze from the other wolves to look me straight in the eyes, her happy smile gone now. 

"You need to get over that, dude. She's your sister. She won't love you the way you want her too." 

"You don't know that," I growled as my jaw tightened, my teeth grounding together. My anger slowly began to build but I fought to hold it back. She may be a female but she was still an Alpha and she possessed a lot more strength than me.  

"I do know that because you're not the one she whispers she loves to." The corner of her mouth lifted and like that, I lost all control of my anger. When she was least expecting, I wounded my fist backwards and it flew forward, connecting with the side of her face moments later. 

She barely flinched and once she figured that I had punched her, she simply stared back at me, her hand checking for blood to see if I hit her hard enough to draw blood. But I had and her lip was bleeding slightly. 

"You're going to regret that," was all she said before her claws extended and she swiped at my face, her nails piercing the skin on my cheek. I fell to the ground, growling in pain as I realized what she had just done. "Do yourself a favor and get over Peyton." After that, she walked away to join the kids as they returned from their water break. 

At that moment, I realized I was going to be shunned. Any wolf that harms their Alpha is punished immediately and is automatically treated as an Omega. Not only that but she had scratched me. For most wolves if an Alpha had cut them, they could escape the effects and get their mate to heal them. But I was mate-less and an Alpha had clawed me, her poisonous  essence leaking into the wound. I would be in a lot of pain for a few days as my body tried to heal itself unless the Alpha who inflicted the wound healed it themselves. 

Groaning, I stumbled back into the building and into my room. 

/ / / / /

Peyton's POV

"Those kids really did a number on you," I laughed as Amelia approached me after she had dismissed the young wolves from their training session. But she didn't laugh with me. The scowl remained on her face as she pulled on her shorts that were laying on the ground. 

"Your brother did this to me," she stated, her towel dabbing at her sweaty face before she walked past me and into the house. 

"My brother hit you? What happened?" I asked as I followed her into the kitchen. I knew my brother was upset but not to the point where he would harm his Alpha. "What did you do?"

My mate grabbed a water from the fridge before spinning around to look at me. She lifted her head upwards and took a large sip from the bottle, exposing her long neck and turning me on slightly as I stared at the mark on her shoulder. 

"He told me that he wasn't going down without a fight. He's really hooked up on you, Pey."

"And what did you do?" Her eyes shifted uncomfortably before she continued to drink her water as if she was scared to tell me what happened. "What did you do, Amelia?"

"I may have scratched him- just a small cut-"

"You scratched my brother? You do realize what that means?"

"He disrespected his Alpha. I had to put him in his place!"

"He's still my brother!" She rolled her eyes before exiting the room as I trailed behind her. I went to say something when Luke popped up out of nowhere, a letter in his hands. "What is it, Luke?"

"It's a letter for you, Alpha," he said before handing me the paper and scurrying off. Amelia spun around, suddenly interested in the letter in my hands. 

"I had a meeting with Valdez today," I stated, simply before tearing the envelope open. 

"Without me?" she asked but I chose to ignore her and read the paper instead. It was from Valdez and it was an invitation to a gathering at his residence. "What is it?"

"It's an invitation from Valdez." Confused, she took it from my hands and read it for myself. I sighed to myself, hating the position we were in. "I have a lot to tell you as well."