Chapter 11: The Bully Part 3

Glynda: “Yes students, the forest of forever fall is indeed beautiful, but we’re not here to sightsee”. The first year students followed closely as they gazed around in wonder at the blood red petals all around them. Glynda continued, “Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I am here to make sure that none of you die while doing so”. At the back of the group Jaune bumped into Cardin while carrying all of Team CRDL’s equipment, which earned him an angry glare from Cardin. Jaune had been following Cardin everywhere for the past 2 weeks or so, doing his bidding at his beck and call. Kai suspected he was holding something over Jaune’s head, but Jaune wouldn’t say anything. Instead he had told Kai to leave him alone.

Glynda: “Each of you is to gather one jar’s worth of red sap. However this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm. Be sure to stay by your teammates. You will rendezvous back here at 4 o’clock. Have fun”

Cardin: “Come on buddy,” he slapped Jaune on the back, “let’s go”. Jaune sighed, then looked up at Pyrrah and Kai, who were looking back at him. He then turned to follow Cardin.

Kai: “Normally I’d go over there and smack Cardin around, but ever since he reported me to Glynda that I almost 'killed' him, I can’t even be anywhere near the guy”. Pyrrah sighed, “Oh Jaune”, turning to Kai she said, “Come on, let’s go get some sap”

~Thirty minutes later~

Jaune: “Uh Cardin, what’s going on?”. Jaune and Team CRDL were laying on a high platform overlooking a clearing were Kai and Teams RWBY and JNPR happily gathered their red sap. Cardin narrowed his eyes, “Payback”. Jaune followed Cardin’s eyes, “Pyrrah?”

Cardin: “That’s the girl. Red hair, know it all, thinks she’s so smart. And him too,” he turned his gaze over to Kai, “…guy thinks he’s so tough ‘cause he managed to take down a Nevermore somehow.” Cardin reached behind his back and pulled out a box, “Alright boys, last night Jaunny here managed to round up an entire boxful of nightmare wasps. Now according to one of the essays he wrote for me last week, these nasty things love sweets. I’m thinking it’s time we teach these two bozos a thing or two…” Cardin got up and pulled Jaune to his feet, then placed two jars of red sap in his hands, “…and you’re going to do it”

Jaune: “Wait what?”

Cardin: “Hit them with the sap, or I’ll have a chat with Goodwitch, and you’ll be on the next airship out of Beacon.” Jaune took one jar, and raised it, aiming straight at Pyrrah. But after some seconds of deliberation, he finally made his decision.

Jaune: “No”

Cardin: “What did you say?”

Jaune: “I said, NO. Do what you want to me, but you’re not messing with my friends”, with that, he turned and hurled the jar, straight at Cardin. The jar shattered against his armor, and the red sap spilled all over it.

Cardin: “Oh, you’ve done it now” Cardin grabbed Jaune and dragged him away from the clearing, deeper into the forest, where Team CRDL proceeded to beat up on him. But just as they were doing that...
.
.
.
“ROOOOOAAAARRRR!!”

Ruby: “Did you guys hear that?”. Just then, Russel, Sky and Dove ran past screaming, “Ursa! Ursa!”. Russel ran into Yang, who grabbed him by his shirt and raised him to her face, “Where?”. Russel pointed a shaky finger in the direction they just came from, “It’s back there, it’s got Cardin!”. Pyrrah dropped her jar in shock, “Oh no…Jaune…”

Ruby: “Yang, you and Blake go get Goodwitch”

Pyrrah: “Nora, Ren, you too, go with them, there could be more”

Kai: “Pyrrah, Ruby, Weiss, you’re with me. We don't have much time to waste, so let’s go!”, the students mentioned took out their weapons and readied their gear, while the others ran off to get Glynda Goodwitch.

The four of them arrived to find an Ursa about to pounce on a helpless Cardin. He had some of the red sap all over his armor, which was probably what attracted the Grimm away from all the others. The attack was blocked just in time by Jaune, as he put up his shield and stood in between them. As Kai’s eyes glowed golden in preparation of an attack, Pyrrah held out her arm, “Wait”

Kai: “Excuse me?”

Pyrrah: “Look”

The rest of them turned to look at Jaune, who was now facing off with the Grimm. Jaune dealt blow after blow, dodging and blocking and counter attacking but, ultimately, nothing really seemed to be working. Still, every time the Ursa put Jaune down he got right back up. Jaune then paused, and glanced at his scroll; his aura bar was in the red. He grimaced as the Ursa came upon him once more. As the Grimm pounced, he also charged, his shield in the air, and his sword raised high.

Pyrrah narrowed her eyes at the scene, Jaune’s shield wasn’t high enough, and the Ursa’s claws were going to tear into him. Concentrating, she held out her arm towards Jaune. In response, Jaune’s shield rose up to block the Ursa’s attack, and Jaune, seeing his opportunity, brought his blade down in a mighty swing, completely beheading the beast.

Kai & Ruby: “Uh, what?”

Weiss: “How did you…?”

Pyrrah: “Well, Ruby has her speed, Kai has his flames, and you have your glyphs. My semblance, is polarity.”

Kai & Ruby: “Oooh, you can control poles…”

Weiss: “No you idiots, it means she has control over magnetism!”

Kai: “Oh that works too I guess”

Ruby: “Magnets are cool too”. As Pyrrah turned to leave, Weiss called out, “Hey where are you going?”. “Yeah we have to tell them what happened”, Ruby added. Pyrrah smiled, “We could, or perhaps we could just keep it our little secret”

Kai: “Oh I see where you’re going with this”

Ruby: “You do?”. Kai simply smiled and followed after Pyrrah. Weiss frowned, “Well what are those two so smug about?”

Jaune held out a hand to Cardin who was still on the ground. Cardin took his hand and stood up, “Holy crap, Jaune…”

Jaune: “Don’t ever mess with my team, or my friends, ever again. Got it?”. Cardin could only nod in response as Jaune walked away.