Chapter 4: Team Selection Test Part 2

Blake and Yang approached a clearing with a rundown building of some sort in the middle.

Yang: "Is that it?". Blake simply shrugged and walked further into the clearing. As they got closer to the building, they noticed it in more detail. Most of the "temple" was broken down, the whole building was just barely standing. Several stone pedestals surrounded the temple's interior in a sort of circle, each containing some golden and black items of some sort. Furthermore, there was a certain dark haired boy; a giant menacing looking blade strapped to his back; sitting cross-legged in the middle, like he was waiting for something. Blake took a defensive stance, but instead Yang called out to him.

Yang: "Hey Kai! Looks like you got here okay". The boy simply shrugged, "Meh, it wasn't difficult, I just landed directly here"

Blake was surprised. He landed here? She looked back at the Beacon cliff, which was so far away in the distance it was almost blending into the horizon. 'It's so far off', she thought to herself, 'so how exactly did he get here?'. She turned to find the boy looking at her, and then he turned to Yang.

Kai: "You finally made friends with her huh" he nodded his head towards Blake.

Blake: "We're not friends"

Yang: "Well not yet anyway, oh and her name's Blake" she grinned, "Hey speaking of, where is your teammate?"

Blake glanced at the boy again. That fact had actually been bothering her. 'Where is his teammate, does he not have one? If he doesn't it's probably because he came straight here, so is he waiting for a single student to show up so he can partner up with them? If that's the case, then what was his reason for coming straight here in the first place? How did he even do that?'

Kai answered with a straight face, "Oh, I killed him"

Yang: "You WHAT!?"

Kai: "Just kidding. I didn't kill him. He got eaten by Grimm"

Blake: "Seriously?!"

Kai laughed, "Kidding, again." He got up and stretched his back, "Aren't you guys going to get your relics?". Blake narrowed her golden eyes at him, "Right". The two girls walked into the temple and, upon closer inspection, they discovered that the golden and black items were actually something else.

Blake: "Chess pieces?". Yang looked around at the other end, "Some of them are missing". Kai replied, "Yeah a bunch of students have been here, they already left though. Just pick one"

Yang: "Hmmmmm" she stared around at all the pieces, her lilac eyes finally settling on a golden knight piece, and she raised it over her head, "How about a cute little pony?". Blake rolled her eyes, "Sure". They both walked towards the middle to meet Kai.

Yang: "Well that wasn't too hard"

Blake: "It's not like this place is very difficult to find", she then turned to Kai once again, "speaking of, how exactly did you get here directly from the cliff?"

Kai: "I used my semblance...obviously". Blake narrowed her eyes again, "Which is...?"

???: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"

Yang: "Some girl is in trouble! Guys did you hear that?!"

Kai: "We literally couldn't not hear it even if we tried".

Yang: "What do we do?" she turned towards Blake, who for some reason had her eyes affixed to the sky. Kai followed her gaze and saw a ball of red mass falling towards them. Yang apparently was oblivious to this fact.

Yang: "Blake did you hear that?" Blake simply pointed at Ruby's falling form.

Ruby: "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"