Chapter 13: Finding Blake

Blake didn’t show up the next day. In fact she didn’t show up throughout the whole weekend. Kai and her worried teammates were currently combing through the town in search of her. Well actually not all of her teammates were worried.

Weiss: “Blake’s a big girl. I’m sure she can handle herself”

Yang: “Weiss come on. She’s one of our teammates”

Weiss: “Is she? We all heard what she said”

Kai: “Yes Weiss, she is. Blake’s the same as any of the other members of Team RWBY, and if the case was reversed, she’d be worried about you right now”

Weiss: “She’s a member of the White Fang”

Kai: “She’s our FRIEND!”, he let out a deep breath to calm himself down, then continued, “Look, I know you have good reason to hate the White Fang. But can you honestly say that Blake is the same as them? Can you really tell yourself, that Blake Belladonna is a murderer and a criminal?” At his words Weiss fell silent.

Yang: “Look, maybe she is and maybe she isn’t. Either way, she’s missing and we need to find her”

Ruby: “I just hope she’s okay”

~One hour later~

Ruby: “Blaaaaaaaake!”

Yang: “Blaaaaaake!”

Kai: “Blake! Where are you?!”. Ruby turned to Weiss, who was slowly trailing behind, “Weiss, you’re not helping”

Weiss: “You know who might be a little help? The POLICE”. Kai shot her a glare, “Weiss…”. Weiss raised her hands in defense, “It was just an idea!”

Ruby: “Yeah, a bad one…”

Yang: “Weiss, maybe we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions”

Weiss: “I think when we hear it, you’ll all realize I was right”

Penny: “And I think Weiss’ hair looks wonderful today”. Everyone jumped and screamed, then turned around to find Penny trailing after them.

Kai: “Hey…Penny…”

Ruby: “Where’d you come from?”

Penny: “Hey guys! What are you up to?”. Everyone exchanged uneasy glances, before Yang spoke up, “We’re looking for our friend Blake”. Penny smiled, “Oooh, you mean the Faunus girl”.

Kai: “How exactly did you know that?”

Penny: “Uh, the cat ears”

Yang: “What cat ears?”

Ruby: “She wears a…”

Kai: “…Bow.” As Kai finished the sentence, the group realized in that moment that Blake’s bow served only one purpose, to hide the fact that she was a Faunus by covering up her cat ears. Ruby commented, “Well, she does like tuna a lot…”

Penny: “So where is she?”

Kai: “Well Penny, that’s the question. We don’t know”

Ruby: “She’s been missing since Friday”. Penny walked up to Ruby and grabbed her by the shoulders, “That’s terrible! Well don’t you worry Ruby my friend! I won’t rest until we find your teammate!”

Ruby: “That’s really nice of you Penny, but we’re okay really! Right guys?” Ruby turned her head towards the rest of the group, but they were nowhere to be found. While Penny was distracted with Ruby, Kai, Yang and Weiss had seen their opportunity and took off immediately, leaving the poor girl with Penny.