× Capitulo Uno ×

The Silver Moon was a fairly small wolf pack with only 42 members, but they were incredibly feared. They might be small in number but they were a savage pack. Many other packs who had even attempted to take over their territory were brutally torn apart, and they were the infamous pack who had taken down various other bigger and well-known packs just for the sake of it.

This was the pack that Jupiter Cross was a part of. When he was born, he was rejected by his parents and slowly after that, by the pack as well. He was too weak to be of any use to the pack. He was allowed to stay within the territory and considered a part of the pack, but he was practically a ghost to everyone. He learned quickly though, and stayed well away from the pack, he knew where he wasn't wanted. He had himself, and that was enough. At least that was what he told himself repeatedly until it was permanently engraved in his brain.

*~*

The morning was wet and cold with a brisk wind slamming harshly onto Jupiter's hoodie-clad body. He shivered while navigating through the maze of identical trees. A howl indicating a pack meeting had jolted him from his deep sleep just 10 minutes ago and now he was trying to get there as fast as he could in case he incurred the wrath of the Alpha. While the Alpha didn't particularly notice him and probably wouldn't really care if he was late, he didn't want to test that theory lest he get shredded in front of his pack members by the totally evil and psychotic Alpha.

"What a humiliating way to go," Jupiter thought to himself before shaking the thought away.

He was rather pissed about the meeting being at such ungodly hours and he took his anger by kicking random twigs on the muddy ground while muttering profanities under his breath. He stopped with the kicking a few minutes in though because he loved this forest too much and it did not deserve his harsh and ungrateful treatment.

Any other brave but stupid mortal who tried to get through this 'labyrinth' would probably get lost in seconds, but not Jupiter.

He smirked to himself in satisfaction, conveniently deciding to ignore the fact that every other pack member could get through this gigantic forest pretty quickly as well.

He pushed all contentment aside when he finally reached a large clearing right in the middle of the forest. It was where there were huge houses lined up side by side. This was where the pack resided, excluding Jupiter because he apparently didn't deserve to.

Just further down, the entire pack was already assembled with the Alpha standing on a raised podium, regarding them coolly. Looks like his speech hadn't started yet.

Jupiter leaned against a nearby tree and waited. He didn't want to stand amongst the pack and he could hear just fine here, so he didn't make any effort to move forward.

There were soft curious murmuring among the pack but it all faded away into nothing when the Alpha coughed and started talking.

"Recently, I have received news of a couple of rogues who have made the unfortunate decision of occupying the land just a little outside of out territory. You know what this means, we can't be rude can we? We must go and greet them," he said, a predatory grin on his face.

The pack cheered loudly, excited whisperers breaking out between some of them.

Jupiter merely rolled his eyes, muttering a small, "barbarians."

The alpha went on to talk about when the attack would be taking place but Jupiter had already lost interest. He just lost himself in the beauty of the thundering skies as he waited for the golden words that would mean his freedom for now.