× Capitulo Cinco ×

A loud gasp pierced through the silence in the dark room as the restless form that was tossing and turning under the covers suddenly shot up, panting heavily. Gripping harshly onto the sheets, the pants slowly simmered down till all that could be heard from the figure were soft breathing. Releasing the sheets, Jupiter let out a loud sigh, resting his forearm on his forehead, his eyes closing automatically as puffs of air escaped through his pursed lips. He concluded that he had been having a nightmare but no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't remember what it was about.

His brain still hadn't fully come out of its unconscious state and so he dropped his arm, looking down blankly at the lines ingrained in his palm. There was a strange light shining on the pale skin in the shape of a crescent. Blinking blearily at his palm, it took him about 3 seconds to realise that the small light was completely out of place in the almost pitch black room. Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, his eyes flitted around for a second before he found the culprit. Fastened securely around his neck was his beloved necklace, the pendant shining brilliantly. Grabbing it gently, Jupiter looked at it, surprised. It was just an ordinary crystal pendant and it definitely didn't glow so Jupiter was a little concerned as to what was happening to it. The light shone on strongly for a few more seconds before it dimmed and eventually faded. Raising his eyebrows at this bizarre occurrence, Jupiter decided not to ponder too much over it and simply played it off as his imagination as his mind was muddled with sleep and he was still slightly out of it. Stretching lazily, he heard pops and cracks as the tension in his bones slowly drained away.

Once he felt adequately relaxed, he dropped back down onto the bed as he let the the eager hands of sleep push him down into a dark abyss.

▪-▪

The following morning was a cold and wet one. It had rained briefly while Jupiter was asleep, causing it to be darker than it would be on a normal morning.

Jupiter woke up to the beautiful sounds of chirping birds and whistling wind. Slowly pushing himself up into a sitting position, the covers fell off his shoulders, bunching up in his lap. It only took a second before the cold bit at his exposed skin. Shivering involuntarily, the blonde fumbled with the covers, pulling them up to cover him completely. Sinking gratefully into the warmth, he glanced over to the side with the intention of looking out of the window but instead his pale blue eyes met passionate red ones. Feeling a jolt of shock rock through his body, Jupiter jumped slightly, caught off guard. He had thought he was the only one in the room. Only letting the shock throw him off for a second, he swiftly composed himself as he returned to his indifferent disposition.

"Victor," he stated, nodding towards the Alpha who was studying him from his spot beside the window.

The Alpha remained quiet for a moment before a familiar arrogant smirk took the place of the passive expression he had before. And in that moment, the man who looked godly only seconds ago, morphed into a pompous idiot. At least in Jupiter's eyes he did. Jupiter was sure there were people, girls and guys alike who would swoon over that smirk.

"I like the way my name rolls off your tongue. It's just so...so sexy," he snickered, his body convulsing mockingly.

Jupiter stared at him for a few seconds before turning his head away from the disgusting smirk and slid off the bed, ignoring the cold that immediately blanketed him. Turning his back to the Alpha, he headed for the door stiffly, less than impressed. He walked out and headed down the stairs, vaguely aware that the Alpha was following him but wholeheartedly ignoring his presence.

Stepping past the living room and into what looked like a kitchen, Jupiter finally spun around, pinning Victor down with a glare.

"I'm hungry," he announced, staring expectantly at the Alpha.