chap-4, the worst week ever-or not?

Chap-4 

After we were done cleaning, Kay packed my bag. I still don't know why she took so many party clothes, but she did. And when she wasn't looking, I stuffed some casual wear and night suits.

When we were done packing, we drove over to her house. Jake was staying in the guest room, which we had to pass to get to the staircase that led to Kay's room. An inch of his door was open, and when I peeked in, he was doing something on his computer, wearing only boxers, with his back turned towards me. Then Kay called out to me from her room and I scurried up. We spent the rest of the day in Kay's room, gossiping and trying each others clothes. In the evening, we were just fooling around, cracking jokes and watching movies while eating popcorn, when Jake entered the room. 

"Hey Kay, I was just going-" he began as he opened the door but then he saw me there shut up, I couldn't see his expression cause my back was towards him. Then, he said, "What is she doing here?"

"Hey Jake! Oh, yeah I totally forgot to tell you, Cass is staying with us this week." replied Kay

"What?! Why?"

"Because her parents are flying to the Caribbean, for their anniversary."

"Oh, but I don't have to share that room with her right?"

"No sweety, you aren't that lucky yet." Kay replied, giggling. And I turned to face him then, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Whatever. So I was saying that.. Um, I, uh... Oh, yeah i'm going out bowling with the jobless.. Uh, no, sorry, I meant Jocks. Bye."

"Bye" Kay said, while both of us let out our laughter at the closed door.

The next day was Sunday. Usually, I spend Sundays whiling away my time in homework and studies. But Kay had different plans.

"Up! UP! Get up, Cass!" She shouted. I turned my face into the pillow and said, "Why??" But me voice came out muffled, something sounding like, "oooiii??" I'm pretty sure Kay didn't understand that.

She said, "Ok, so how about I steal your underwear and 'accidentally' put it in.. you know, Jake's drawer. Well, how embarrassing-"

"You wouldn't!" I said, sitting up on the bed.

"Yes, I would, sweetie, and you know it."

"Arrgghh!!!" I groaned as I got off the bed and entered the en suite.

"What do I wear?" I asked Kay, when I came out freshly brushed and bathed.

"We're going to the beach, wear beachy clothes." I opened my suitcase to find that the first thing lying there was my favorite bikini set. It was black with big white flowers and the top piece was attached to the lower one with 2 thin strips of cloth, that just managed to cover my sides. I put that on and wore a pair of shorts with a lose crop top. And I did my hip long, dirty blonde hair in a bun. When I was done, Kay and I went down and while I was waiting, Kay went into Jake's room to ask if he wanted to join us. After a while, both of them came out, dressed, and Jake with his surfboard.

We drove to the beach. Kay and I laid down some towels on one corner of the beach that was surprisingly empty. We placed the portable chairs there and a huge umbrella over each of us, as we stripped down to our bikinis and allowed our bodies to take in the vitamin d (only our faces were shaded from the umbrella). Jake had gone surfing. And Kay said that she'd go after he was done. So I'd be alone with Jake.

"When both of you are alone, apologize to him and just get things on a good term, okay?" She said, and I honestly couldn't take the argument any further, I was too sick of it, so I just said yes.

Soon enough, Jake was jogging towards us, shirtless, with his surfboard in hand. His hair was wet and dirty blonde, like mine, but his eyes were light blue kind of turquoise, unlike mine, which were sea green. But his best feature were his 6-pack abs. My eyes refused to leave them. I'd never gone to the beach with him before, nor had I gone to a pool party or something, so him, shirtless was a completely new thing, even though I'd seen his back shirtless, but that was nothing. Thankfully, though, my sunglasses were on, if not, he'd be starstruck at me suddenly ogling at him like that. But he was just so gorgeous, I smacked myself in the head for being too consumed in hating him to realize this sooner.

When Kay had left, I tried to think of ways to say sorry. When I'd thought for 10 minutes, I knew what to say. "Hey."

"Hey..?" he replied, so surprised that it came out as a question

"Look, I just want to say I'm sorry for being so rude and judgmental about you. Can you forgive me?"

"Yeah, I, I..guess I could?"

"Cool"

After a while, he said, "So are we like best buds now?" in attempt to lighten the mood. I laughed and nodded,"Kinda, if you want to be."

"Oh, definitely" he said, smirking and winking. "If Kay comes to know we're cool now, she isn't going to leave us much of a choice."

After a while, Kay came back. Then she got a call from her parents she answered it on speaker because she was still wet. 

"Hello?"she said

"Kay? Get home and get ready, NOW!" He mother was frantic.

"What? Why?"

"We have to go to the ball."

"Can Jake and Cass come?"

"No, sweety, any other thing they could come, but these invites permit only family. Sorry." She seemed calmer now.

"Okay, bye"

"Sorry guys!" She said after keeping the phone.

"Never mind" Jake and I said together.

We picked up our things and got moving. When we reached, Kay went straight to her room to change. I went to the kitchen to make something, I was super hungry. After Jake had taken a bath and got dressed in some shorts and a tee, he, too came into the kitchen.

"Sandwich?" I asked.

"Yeah, thanks."

"So, what's up?"

"Nothing much. I was thinking, after eating, want to go for a swim?"

"Yeah, sure." Kay has a pool.

So, after eating, we went into the pool. I was still in my beach clothes so I just jumped in, and Jake joined after a few minutes. We were just about to begin racing each other when Kay came out front. She was at the door to the yard, wearing a beautiful full length light pink sleeveless dress, with silver sequences around the neck. She had a silver clutch and her blonde hair was in a bun. She was wearing silver, 4 inch heels. Her make up, too, was perfect. All in all, she looked beautiful.

"So, what do you think?" She asked spinning around.

"You look amazing!" I said

"Beautiful!" Jake said

"Thanks guys! Oh, and I'm so happy that you two are friends. Ttyl, gotta go, I'll be late!" She's said, walking away.

We swam for most of the afternoon. And, while we were taking breaks between our races, we were talking bout things, discussing matters, it was very surprising. The fact that, yesterday, we hated each other and today we were acting like we'd been friends forever. That sudden change kind of made me cringe. 

*** 

Hey! Comment your suggestions for the next chapter. Oh, and I'm a little new to this, can you please tell me how to add photos to the side thingy?  

P.S I wanted to add Jake's photo to chap-5