Chapter-14 New People and Shocking Changes

chapter 14

Cassie's POV

We pulled over in an empty parking lot. I got out of the car and followed Jay.

We soon reached a huge but empty garage. Only a few rusted car doors and tyres lay in the corners, otherwise, the place was empty. We waited there in silence for a few minutes, and then the crew came and crowded the place. There were about 5 girls and 6 guys. They came inside wearing baggy shorts and lose crop tops. The guys wore lose t-shirts.

"Where's Alice?" Asked Jay.

"No clue, Jay. But who's the girl you got there?" the guy speaking was black, with long dark hair, and he loooked a lot like Lil' Wayne.

"Hi, I'm Cassie." I said.

"I'm Nelson." he shook my hand and then began introducing all the others to me.

"This is Kelly" and a pretty brunette waved at me.

"Sam" a handsome blonde guy waved at me.

"I'm Annie." said a blonde girl with curly hair.

"Sandy" she had black hair and pink highlights. I liked her hair.

"Dean." He had dark hair and dark eyes.

"Chris." He looked like an angel. Seriously, he had beautiful blonde hair and emerald green eyes. I think I was gawking at him enough to get me to jail.

"John" said a guy I hardly even acknowledged. Mean, I know, but Chris was gorgeous.

"Bill." I didn't even see this guy. Bad me!

"I'm Rachel" She was blonde with green highlights. I was finally able to force my eyes to look elsewhere.

"I'm Alex." And she was a brunette with pretty electric blue highlights. Wow, I guess I was gonna get home only with highlights. I never realised how good the looked till now.

"And I... am Alice." came a voice from the door. I turned along with the others and saw an extremely beautiful brunette with Brown eyes and curly hair that fell to her hips. She was wearing a white crop top with America printed on it and baggy jeans. Personally, I think that better clothes and a tinge of make up could het her to qualify as a model.

"You're late" Jay said.

"Sorry... But I didn't miss anything important, did I? So chill out, Jay Jay."

"Okay... Anyway, um... I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Cassie is Dylan's niece. And she's-" He was cut off by Alice.

"She's Dylan's niece?!" she exclaimed, alarmed. "Why didn't you tell me before? Hi, Cassie, I'm Alice and its a pleasure to meet you"

Huh? I stared at her in disbelief. And then I looked at Jay for hints on what the hell I'm supposed to do next. He whispered in my ear, "Just play along" I shrugged and decided to do as I was told.

"Hi, um... its a pleasure to meet you too, Alice." I shook her hand.

Then, Jay gave out some orders and everybody fell in line to start their performance. It was actually pretty good. I liked their dance and their steps were completely original and spell binding. I had to praise their song choice, though. They chose 'Written in the Stars' by Tinie Tempah. People didn't usually choose that kind of song back in L.A. Then again, people hardly street dance there, as far as I know.

After practice, I ran over to Jay, and asked him, "Why was Alice so weird at the mention of Dylan? Does she like him or something...?"

"Yup, she likes him.." oh. "And he likes her back." WHAT?! "And they're dating." I glared at Jay in shock. Dylan was dating a girl? This is definitely a joke.