chap-9 traitor alert!

Chap-9

Last night I'd moved back into my house. I couldn't believe it, but Dylan seemed like  better company than my best- no, ex best friend at the time.

Speaking of Witch, Dylan was going to go back to Princeton in a few days. He decided to leave earlier cause he has some exams to prepare for.

Happy me!

So, anyway, now I'm lying on my bed, thinking about how to spend the day. I know, I know, it's Thursday and I've school and all, but I really didn't want to go. I didn't have any tests, so it wouldn't really matter.

I picked up my phone and texted Jake "Morning! Wanted to say that i'm not coming to school. Want to search for a job..."

I pressed send and went to get ready.

Last time I'd gone, The Louis vuitton shop had a free slot. I doubted they'd take a high school junior as their saleswoman, but then again, Kay's knowledge of Louis vuitton was vast and priceless, and she'd shared it with me.

And I needed the money, in another 2 months Christmas was coming.

Just for the effect, I wore one of my Louis vuitton dresses.

Once I was ready, I checked my phone for a reply, and I had one- "K, tell me how it goes!" From Jake.

I ran down to my car and drove to the mall.

By the time I reached, I was hungry and so picked up some wraps from a fast food shop. Then, I entered the Louis vuitton shop and asked the manager about the job. He said that they had quite a few people already, but he hadn't yet chosen. He asked me some questions, and I had a feeling that I was being asked the toughest questions.

Anyway, it had gone well and he said that if no one better applied before tomorrow, I had the job.

By the time I was done, it was 12-something.

I was thinking of going home and watching some movies or something. But then I reconsidered. I thought, why not surprise Jake?

It was the perfect plan and the time was right too. I left and reached the school just in time for the lunch bell. I was thinking that I'd show up at the lunch table and surprise him. I parked the car and and walked into school. The classes hadn't ended yet, or maybe the people hadn't come out of their classes yet. That was surprising. No one ever really waited for the teacher to talk if the bell had rung. Maybe the bell was late.

I was standing outside the cafeteria, waiting for the bell to ring. And the I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned to face another girl in our batch, Anna, I think. I knew her cause she was Kayley's lab partner. Kayley was friends with her.

"Hey" she said

"Hi! Anna, right?"

"Yup!"

"So... What's up?"

"Okay, so I'm going to go straight to the point. Kay wants you dead. I mean, honestly, she wants your social life dead. And she's going to start with Jake."

"Okay, and why are you telling me this?"

"Because you can change that. I'm an insider in her plans. I could help you, while she thinks i'm helping her."

"And, why would you want to double cross Kayley? I'm not even a friend of yours"

"Yeah, i... Um, I have my own differences." She said, as she looked at a new text on her phone. 

"Okay, listen. I know you don't trust me or whatever, but you have to go to the bell room now. It'll prove how serious Kayley is."

Wait- there's a bell room in this school!

"Where is it?"

"First door to your left." She said, and I walked in there silently. It was a dark room with multiple screens showing different scenes of the school. So this was the bell/camera room. The room was small, silent and empty. I could barely see my feet.

I walked in and then I heard footsteps. I quietly followed, and then a light came on.

At that moment, I truly couldn't believe my eyes.

Jake was there, shirtless. And so was Kay, putting on his shirt. They were sitting on top of a huge wooden table, flirting with each other.

I concealed myself with a nearby pillar, and when I realized that I seriously couldn't hear anything, a peeked at them. They were kissing. And the worst party was, regret wasn't on any of their faces. There was only one thing-lust.

I didn't have the courage to face them now. So I just walked back out silently. I felt terrible. My first ever serious relationship, and my own best friend ruins it?

I just drove home and made something to eat. When I was done, I sat on the couch and put on a movie, Wild Child, my personal all time favorite. In the middle of the movie, a sleepy, hungover Dylan came and sat beside me.

"Hey..what's the movie." He said, groggily.

"Wild Child."

"Oh! So there finally is a movie about you? Good, i'm glad."  

Normally, I would have some witty remark to that, but not today, I was too taken aback (FYI, I wasn't crying at all. I couldn't cry over a guy that I dated for a day!). But it seemed like it showed on my face, cause within a few seconds of my silence, Dylan turned my head towards him and asked, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Has anyone ever cheated on you?"

He sighed and flopped his head back. 

"So that's what this is about? Jake cheated on you?"

"With my best friend!" I exclaimed. This got to him. He stared at me in surprise.

"Did you see them together?" Even Dylan couldn't believe it!

"Yeah, in the school bell room."

"What did you do?"

"Huh? Nothing. Was I supposed to do something?"

"Yeah! You were supposed to walk in on them and defend your dignity. You were supposed to tell them that you're not affected-"

"How can I do that when I am affected? Even you could make out that something was off about me. They'd have laughed at me."

"Okay. I get it. So what do you want to do?"

"Huh?"

"God! You're so clueless! How do you plan on taking revenge?"

"Oh! Yeah, that... I..."

"Let me guess, you don't." I nodded discretely. "So we have to think of something."

"Wait, excuse me. We? When did you and I become 'we'? And why do you suddenly want to help me?"

"Because, my baby niece, I know schemes and planning, and you clearly need someone like me. And, I'm bored here. Plus, bonus point, Jake trusts me."

I nodded. Dylan was right. He was like the 's' in sabotage.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking about how to socially kill Kay and Jake. I told him about my encounter with Anna. He told me that I should trust her on the fact that she'd give me their plans, but I shouldn't tell her ours.

There was something about Dylan that told me to trust him, maybe the fact that he was family or whatever, but I knew he wouldn't betray me, and nor would my gut.

So, game on! Bitches! Actually, they're insults to bitches.

GAME ON, TRAITOR Bitches!!

***

How is it? I know even this ones a filler, but next chappy, there's a lot of Dylan, a lot of Cassie, and a lot more of scheming ..

Ty for reading... Comment and vote.