Finding Home Promo

EYYY this is a little sneak peek at my first multi-chapter fic! So uh yeah go check that out after reading this-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breathe.

"I'm not going to the upper levels," the words spilled out of her mouth before she could stop them. Wide eyes stared at her from all around the room. She managed to count three breaths before the inevitable outburst.

"What?!" Grady shouted. He's not angry at you, she reminded herself, just surprised.

"Are you kidding?" Fitz whispered in confusion.

"You have to go to the upper levels. How else do you think you'll become a part of society?" Alden said in his perfect no-need-to-worry voice that just made her want to smack him more.

"Sweetie I know it'll be new and it's normal to be scared-" Edaline started before she cut her off.

"I'm not scared okay? I don't give a damn about being a part of society, and no I'm not kidding. This is my decision," Sophie snapped. She was so done with this, with the stares, the names, being "Sophie Foster" and "human-raised", a "war-hero;" she just wanted to be no one again. Maybe that made her a coward, but that's who she was.

"Sophie, you're not making sense," Alden said, shaking his head, smiling that horrible venom-filled smile that barely contained the storm. Ever since she'd learned what Alden had done to his family she'd hated him almost as much as the Neverseen. Because he and Cassius were the same, but only one paid for it.

"Did I not speak clearly enough for you?" she asked, letting the hatred seep through her words and relished in the surprise on his face. "I am not going to the upper levels. I am not staying here either. Here I'm always going to be Sophie: the Moonlark, the leader of Team Valiant, the war hero. That'll always be me. Here I'll be stuck picking up the council's mess for my entire life and I wanna be a kid still."

"So what do you plan on doing?" Biana spoke up after a silence.

Breathe. "I'm going to go back to the Forbidden Cities, I'm gonna go back home."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short but the rest of the chapter plus chapter two is up if you look at my profile! :D