Hope - Chapter 18

-18-

I spend most of the day in my room. If I really wanted to I could use my ability to find out what happened last night, but for some reason I don’t. Although I hate being in the dark, I feel like I should have one moment to be normal and not remember. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch the restored wig - I remember wearing that to the wedding. Alice told me that it was almost ruined, but she managed to fix it so it would be as good as new. 

I look at the scar that has formed on my leg. My skin was puckered where the teeth pierced my flawless marble skin. The ragged scar was shaped like football and went from my calf to my thigh. It wasn’t anything like Jasper’s scars - vampire bites. I’ve assumed that the reason for that is because vampire venom and werewolf venom react differently with vampire skin. At least the pain was gone. 

I decide to leave my room just after noon, entering the living room I feel like I ran into a brick wall. Alice having a vision is a usual scene, but this time it is different. Everyone seems panicked,  but not about the future. 

“Alice?!” Jasper pleads. “Alice! What are you seeing?” 

“Jasper, she’ll snap out of it eventually,” Emmett says. “She probably trying to focus on a specific detail.” 

“Emmett,” Rosalie slaps him. “You would be worried about me if this happened-”

“What is going on?” I ask. 

“Alice had a vision and at first she seemed fine, but maybe she noticed something and now she isn’t responding,” Jasper explains.

I look at Alice, her face is completely blank, for all we knew she could be a statue. “Maybe-” 

“I have to leave!” Alice’s eyes are wide, they almost look like the eyes of an excited child on Christmas day. She is beaming, but her words and expression don’t match. Why is she so happy? 

“Where are you going?” Jasper asks. 

Alice’s eyes dim a bit, but she gives him a look and places a hand on his arm, “Jasper, I have to go alone. It is better this way. I can’t take any of you with me.” 

“When are you leaving?” I ask. 

“Tonight,” She smiles. “I know you guys have questions, but I’ll answer everything soon.” 

“Alice, you have to give us some answers,” Emmett picks up her tiny frame, preventing her from leaving. 

“I’ll explain everything before I leave, and I will still keep in touch. I promise,” She tries to convince him to release her. He accepts her promise and she bolts upstairs before any of us can get a word out. 

“What was that?” Rosalie asks. 

“You have no idea at all about that?” I ask Jasper. “She is your mate after all... as strange as that situation was.” 

“I am as clueless as all of you,” He shrugs. 

I nod, “I’ll be back in my room. Let me know if anything else weird happens.” 

“Can I come?” He asks. “I’m assuming Alice doesn’t want to be disturbed.”

I nod. Upon following me to my room I explain to him, “I want to see if Aro has voiced any of this intentions for what he did to me. It has to be connected to Bella or some vampire coven in this area.” 

I spot Aro sitting in the throne room with Marcus and Caius next to him. “We need another plan.” 

“Those Cullens are becoming too powerful,” Caius agreed. 

“Once that pesky human joins their group-”

“Calm, brother, we have that situation under control. Maybe we can lure the specific members out without harming the others,” Aro says. “After all, Carlisle is my good friend, I would hate if something bad happened to him or his family.” 

“If only the human had a sibling-”

“That is it, my brother!” Aro’s eyes become cheerful and a devious smirk is slapped across is unnaturally pale face. 

“Come again?” 

“The human has a ‘sibling’. If there is great power in Bella imagine what a sibling could have. If we use her as bait, the Cullens should be racing after her if we were to intervene and take her from them.” 

“How do we accomplish this?” Marcus asks. 

“If we make sure she turns slowly, and then ‘find’ her again a few months later. We can use her against the Cullens.” 

I gasp at my sudden realization, “That is why Alice left!”

“Why?” 

“It isn’t safe for her. Aro wants her, Edward and Bella. With her gone, Aro has no one to lure once she leaves!” 

A concerned expression washes over his features, “What are you going to do? They are after you.” 

I shrug, “I’m not sure, I still need to learn how to fight.” 

“Violet-” 

“No, Jasper, don’t baby me. I want to learn how to fight,” I beg. “You have to admit that it would help us win against the Volturi and it is just a useful skill to have.” 

He pins me to the wall by my neck and I struggle to get out of his grasp even as he tightens the grip on my neck to a point to where if I was still human: I would be long past dead; and my neck would be completely unrepairable. 

I use my ability knowing it always startles him - using the second he is stunned to my advantage, I get behind him and struggle to keep his hands together behind his back. He flips me onto the bed and grins, “That was a nice attempt.” 

“Well, genius, that is why I need your help.” 

“Fine,” He sighs. “Only because you are in desperate need of my help. Your vision stunning won’t last forever.”