Hope - Chapter 11

-11-

When we arrive the the house, Esme decides to show me where the guest room is; Jasper joins us. The room is on the second floor, in the middle of the hallway. “Thank you, Esme.” 

“It is not any trouble at all, I’ll be downstairs. The others will be here any minute,” Esme disappears, and I look at Jasper. 

“Go ahead,” He urges. 

I open the door, the room must be twice the size of Bella’s bedroom. The walls are cream color, there is a queen-sized bed with blue sheets and many pillows that are different shades of blue. There is a work desk, and Jasper goes ahead and places my books and journal on the desk. I take the necklace and photo album from my old house and place it next to the books on the desk. 

“Those doors go to the closet, I don’t have a doubt that Alice will have it filled out by this evening,” Jasper chuckles. 

“I assume, I can’t go with her,” Even I can hear the disappointment in my tone. 

“You like to shop?” He asks almost sounding surprised. 

“Sometimes,” I shrug. “I just feel like I’ll get lonely, I mean I’ll be around you guys, but it’s not the same.”

“I suppose you can go, after we talk with the others, of course, but-”

“Someone will have to be with me the whole time, I know that, Jasper,” I finish his sentence again. 

“Emmett and Rosalie are here, and the others will be here very soon, let’s go get this over with,” He suggests. 

“Who is here, Esme?” I heard Rosalie ask as I descend down the stairs. 

As I reach the kitchen, I find Rosalie and Emmett staring at me as if the cannot comprehend what they are seeing. 

“Jasper, what happened?” Rosalie questions. 

“My accident, I remember it,” I explain. “The Volturi kidnapped me and injected me with a tiny amount of venom that resulted in me slowly changing for months. Then, Jasper bit me after he found me suffering, and helped complete the transformation.”

“What?” Clearly, they weren’t expecting that. 

“Why would the Volturi want to inject you with a small amount of venom and then leave you?” Rosalie asks. 

“We haven’t been able to figure that out,” Jasper sighs. 

“They have to be watching her, they know she is here,” Esme says. “The Volturi wouldn’t leave her alone with this type of ‘experiment’.” 

I can hear the beating of a heart again and feel the fire in my throat. I go to Jasper’s side, “They are here.” 

“I know,” He sighs. 

“What’s wrong?” 

“I had a bad experience,” I cling to Jasper’s arm. 

“If you cling any tighter you might break him,” Emmett chuckles. 

The front door opens and the scent of human blood makes my throat ache like a white hot iron was shoved down it, and my senses perk up, but I keep myself anchored next to Jasper. 

“Don’t breath,” He commands. 

Once I stop inhaling the scent, it helps a little bit, at least I haven’t gone to attack Bella yet. 

Thump, thump, thump... The pounding is getting louder. 

Edward, Bella and Alice enter the living room. “What happened!?” Bella exclaims. Her heart rate increases and I cringe. 

“Bella, please relax. This is really important to Violet, she wants to be here and not attack you,” Jasper explains. 

“I’ll explain,” Alice chirps. “I already saw your plan, by the way, Bella will need to go home soon if we want this plan to work.”

“What plan?” Bella turns to Edward. 

“Let them explain, love,” He murmurs. 

Alice begins to explain, “So a few months ago the Volturi kidnapped Violet and injected her with a small amount of venom. Of course the amount was so small that the painful part of her transformation began today. They tried shocking to erase her memory which worked until now - since she has the power to remember her or anyone’s past on command and share it with people - or so I’ve seen. This afternoon, she attacked a boy and Jasper and I found her. She wasn’t at lunch and I was looking for her when I caught the scent. Jasper had bit her to give her enough venom to finish the transformation as quickly as possible. Did I miss anything?” 

“Not really,” Jasper says. 

“We need to talk to Carlisle,” Edward notes. “I don’t like the idea of the Volturi being behind this at all.”

“We have other problems beside that,” Jasper reminds him. “Bella is in danger.” 

“How?” I ask with the little air I have stored. 

“There is someone creating a newborn vampire army in Seattle.”

“What?” 

“They will be here in less than two days. Bella will be hiding with Edward and some werewolves-” 

“WEREWOLVES-” That is it for my stored air. 

“Relax,” Jasper sends a wave of tranquility to me. “Some of the guys in La Push are part of the Quileute tribe of shape shifters or as most call them werewolves-”

“Mutts,” Rosalie interrupts. 

“I am assuming I am not fighting,” I ask. 

“You would be right. I can teach you some self defense for an emergency, but I’d rather you not be on the battle field...” Jasper says.

“I think Violet can handle herself, she is a tough little vampire,” Emmett grins.

“Until another newborn comes along and takes her head off her shoulders.” 

“Don’t be such a downer, Jasper,” Emmett says. “I could see Violet tearing up those newborns.”

“Carlisle is here,” Esme interrupts the boys’ argument. “Let’s go tell him the news.”