Fourth Stop: Daigo

Valt's POV
I was done with saying goodbye to everyone I loved in my home country. My family seemed to accept the fact that I was possibly never coming back, though that doesn't mean no tears were shed. My mom understood, mostly because she at least had an idea of what I was going through. The twins had no clue why I had to stay away, though I hoped Mom would explain to them when they got home.

But Ken? He would have absolutely no idea as to why I had to go. Even if my mom or the twins told him, he still wouldn't be able to understand. I felt kind of bad, the way I left him. I hadn't even given him a hug, like I had with my family. I just left him in sputtering confusion while I bolted out the window.

Sighing, I stared out at my home from my focal point at the top of the tallest skyscraper. I could see everything from there - the building where the District Tournaments were held, the outdoor stadium where the Regional Tournaments were held, the huge bey arena where the Team Battles and the National Tournaments were held, even the park where Shu and I battled when he got Spryzen.

My breath hitched and my fists clenched as vibrant red eyes flashed in my mind. Shu. I would save him for last. And anyone from the Snake Pit, if I found any with him.

Looking for something, anything, to get my mind off of my ex best friend, my eyes once again landed on the outdoor stadium. Memories flashed in front of my eyes, memories of the Regional Tournament - beating Ukyo Ibuki when it first started, wiping the floor with Honcho (not to brag), Daigo asking if I would let him back into the Bey Club after he cheated in his battle with Yugo...

Daigo. France. That was my next stop.

I glanced back in the direction of the school where the Beasts were stationed. Ken was there, no doubt reeling from what I showed him. He was hurting, I knew, but I couldn't waste time consoling everyone I said goodbye. I was wasting too much time already just standing here.

With one last glance in the direction of my ventriloquist friend, I leapt off of the skyscraper, transformed, and flew West.

Hope you're ready, Daigo. I'm coming for you.

No One's POV
In the AS Gallus headquarters, the bladers were hard at training. They had lost to the Raging Bulls in the semifinals of the World League, but that only made their leader, Daigo Kurogami, push them even harder. A little too hard, if they were being honest. Something was up, and it didn't have anything to do with the fact that they lost.

Right now, Daigo was battling Ruck, the youngest member of the club. Though you wouldn't be able to tell that if you watched the two of them battle. Daigo was grinding Ruck pretty hard - this was their sixth battle. Both were sweating and breathing heavily; Ruck looked about ready to collapse while Daigo simply stared at the stadium with a fire in his eyes that was terrifying. The other members were watching with varying levels of concern. Their leader hadn't been the same for the past four months...

Finally, the sound of a bey bursting came from the stadium. Ruck fell to his knees with his chest heaving and reached into the stadium to gather the pieces of his bey. Daigo kneeled down on his own wobbly legs and picked up Doomscizor. "You were shaky with your launch," He told Ruck hoarsely. "Let's go again!" Ruck whined in dismay as he clumsily put his bey back together.

"The only reason he was shaky is because you were pushing him too hard," Jean spoke up. His indigo eyes were worried as he stared at his captain. "Seriously - you've been going at him for the past two hours."

A soft growl escaped from Daigo's sneer. "In my opinion, I haven't been pushing him enough," He muttered, glaring at Ruck. His team member squeaked and shied away from his gaze.

"Monsieur Daigo," Marie Gorgeous said firmly, snapping her fan closed. Her sea green eyes blazed with a noble passion. "You have been like seez for ze past four months, ever since ze World League ended. You were always passionate about training before, but now you grind into all of us as if your life depends on it." Her skirts swished as she stepped closer to Daigo, pointing her fan at his chest. "We are not only your teammates, Monsieur Daigo; we are also your family. Tell us what ez wrong, or I am benching you ze next tournament."

Daigo glared at her for a few seconds before his gaze softened and dropped to his feet. "I'm sorry," He said softly. "It's just... my friend Valt has been missing for four months. No sign of him, not even a ransom note!" He clenched his fists. "The whole thing is just so... frustrating. I'm trying to focus on training to get that out of my head, but I guess I went a little overboard." He walked around the side of the stadium and held his hand out to Ruck. "I shouldn't take my frustration out on you guys."

Ruck smiled up at him gratefully and took his offered hand. "No sweat," He breathed, still a little worn out. "We'll always be here if you have a problem."

A loud slurp filled the air and everyone turned as Clio finished the last of his tomato juice. "Well, now that the show is over," He said breezily through his fang-like teeth. "How about we take a little break? Ruck and Daigo clearly need to cool off, and I need another bottle." He stared at the bottom of his last drink with a disappointed gaze, as if it was beyond his understanding why he went through bottles of tomato juice so quickly.

Daigo laughed slightly at the look on Clio's face. "He's right," He told his teammates. "Let's take a five minute break." The members of AS Gallus mumbled their agreement and everyone left the training area.

The second the last member left the room, a window creaked open...