Blue Tears

No One's POV
The pair made their way through the sky in silence, Valt sitting comfortably in the metallic claws of the Samurai X suit. His sniffing only got worse as they went on, the Tears continuing to burn twin holes in his face; the wind didn't do much to help, though PIXAL attempted to help by arranging the claws so that his face was mostly covered.

Sniffing loudly, Valt finally decided to break the silence and yelled over the wind, "So what happens now?"

"When the Elemental Tears were first created," PIXAL began. Accidentally by a Master of Energy, who had lost their entire family in a battle, Valt's overstuffed memory babbled, though the pain of the Tears stopped him from recalling the Master's name. "It was discovered that, like all creations of Elemental Energy, it could not do much damage while in the presence of vengestone. With this thought in mind, a room below the Monastery was constructed, lined with vengestone. It is the only place in the Monastery with the stone, and its sole purpose is to contain Masters when they cried Tears."

"Contain?" Valt squeaked. His face clenched in pain as the glowing lines beneath his eyes grew larger and brighter.

"I'm sorry," PIXAL amended quickly. "Poor choice of words."

It's fitting, though, Valt thought but did not admit out loud. I'm a monster; a monster that deserves to be locked away. She may as well have just said "caged".

After that, neither of them felt comfortable about saying more. They continued the flight in heavy silence, PIXAL fixing her eyes on the sky ahead while Valt simply stared into space, willing himself not to cry before they got to the Monastery. Neither of them paid attention to nor noticed the third passenger hanging onto the mech's foot...

Soon enough, the mountainous Monastery came into view, its sloping red tile roof and white stone walls a sight for sore eyes. Yet they didn't land in the open courtyard, or even outside the large wooden doors. Instead, as the Monastery came into view, PIXAL started to veer slightly downward. By the time they had made it to the mountain, they were a considerable number of miles below the Monastery. At first the mountain face didn't yield anything interesting, then PIXAL pushed a button within her suit. Cracks appeared in the rock, which would appear natural were they not pin straight and parallel to each other. The cracks separated, revealing a doorway into the secret depths of the mountain.

PIXAL flew through the door, using the same button to close the mountain behind them. Fluorescent lighting automatically flicked on, illuminating the large space filled with vehicles and weapons of every shape and size. The labyrinth beneath the Monastery used to be limited to this very room, but as the Masters' family expanded, so did the space where most of the action happened. Now there were several hallways branching off from this main room, which all contained rooms that held items vital to the history of the Masters. One was the room that contained the Elemental Weapons, which Valt had already been to.

Another was the Room of Tears, the only place in the entire vicinity of the Monastery that held vengestone.

Which, after PIXAL had allowed Valt had climb out of her claws, she herself climbed out, and she had forgone wearing her helmet, was where they were heading to at the moment. Unbeknownst to them, their third passenger had also gotten off, and was looking at the room and its contents in a daze.

The light from Valt's glowing Tears lit up the hallway as they walked at a brisk pace. The blue haired blader took small steps, unsteady on his feet. His ragged breath filled the air as the duo travelled the length of the hallway, PIXAL holding onto his shoulders to keep him at least walking straight. His fingers held tight enough that she would have lost all feeling in her arms if she had flesh. She didn't even blink.