You Look Like A Cloud

"Wow, this place is huge!" I say in disbelief.

Looking around at the ballroom made me feel slightly queasy. There were tables and chairs scattered around the room except for what must be the centre, where we're supposed to dance.

I looked towards the stairs to see that it's dark oak banisters were adorned with flowers of different shades of pink. I could already see myself tripping down them.

Rory, beside me voiced my thoughts. "Do we have to walk down those stairs?" She asked incredulously.

Lorelai grimaces as she answers her daughter. "I'm afraid so."

"Well, unless you want to make a really memorable entrance and slide down the banister," My mother added with a suggestive look at me.

"Which I highly encourage," Lorelai adds.

As I shift my dress in my arms a middle aged woman with a brown bob in a pale pink dress approached us.

She holds her clipboard in her hands as she questions us. "You are?"

"Cassie Quinn and Lorelai Gilmore," I say for the both of us.

"Late," the clipboard lady finishes with a scowl.

Lorelai raised her hand at the clipboard lady's comment. "Sorry, my fault. Took me a while to get pretty."

My mum butted in, "Yeah, not all of us are sixteen anymore."

Clipboard lady ignored our parents and turned to Rory and I. "You two are to head upstairs, the preparation room is on your right."

"Look for the toxic cloud of Chanel and Final Net," Lorelai whispers to Rory.

Giving my mother a small smile, Rory and I begin to head up the stairs. If going up the stairs already gave me a headache I wonder what it would be like going down.

We entered a room full of girls in big and fluffy white dresses sitting around and putting make-up on. Lorelai was right, it did smell like Chanel.

"Hang your dress over there," Clipboard Lady says pointing towards a rack of dresses. "You put your makeup on there, you two will have to share a non-lighted mirror."

Rory and I make a move to hang our dresses on the rack. "Listen up, ladies!" She shouts to get every ones attention. "Everyone must be beautiful and ready to go by seven-thirty."

At this all the girls made noises of horror and began to work twice as fast. Rory and I headed to sit in our seats as we waited to go.

"I can't believe we have an hour and a half," I say to Rory.

However, before she could reply the girl next to her spoke. "I know, I'm never gonna be ready in time." She had someone styling her short blonde hair while she held two different shades of lipstick in her hands.

"God only knows if the swelling on my nose is gonna go down. I just had to inherit my fathers nose," she continues. As if realising that we were here, she introduces her self. "I'm Libby."

Before either one of us could reply, Libby went off talking again. "Which one should I wear? I cannot decide." She holds up the two lipstick she had.

"Oh well, that's a tough one." Rory glances at me for help.

Libby nods her head. "I know right? This is a red-red and this is an orange-red. The wrong one I'll end up looking like a hooker or a teacher."

"That's a lot of pressure," Rory emphasises while looking at me to help her once again.

Libby looks at me for an answer. "Oh, um go with the red-red." I tried.