Chapter 19

"I'm so excited to see Heidelberg. It looks so beautiful." I love watching, Hope get excited.

"I am too. We have two days dedicated to food and sightseeing!" I said, getting excited myself. There's so much to see while in Heidelberg, well Germany in general.

Heidelberg is apparently a college town with the oldest college throughout all of Germany. As we were entering, I noticed the city was surrounded by forested hills, as it sat on the Neckar River banks.

We started our day off in Market square. It was absolutely beautiful; I loved how old everything was. We decided to shop around for knick-knacks then we stopped to get a bite to eat. We stopped at this place that had traditional German cuisines. We both decided to try the popular Crispy roast pork knuckles, schnitzel, spätzle, which are some type of noodles and sauerkraut. While there, we tried German beer and some of their wine. The beer was slightly bitter but as you kept drinking was pretty good. I preferred the white wine we tried over the red wine.

Next, we decided on crossing the Karl Theodor Bridge. It's one of the most significant landmarks of Heidelberg and very old. It was still beautiful and seemed to still be in great shape. We stopped in the middle and overlooked the water. Why is Europe so gorgeous? One day, I want to live in Europe, but then again, I think about just being a nomad. I sighed and looked over to Hope.

"I wish you weren't being sent away because I would love to travel the world with you. We could be nomads together." She looked at me with sad eyes, then shifted her gaze to look out towards the water.

"I wish I could too." I could hear a small break in her voice, so I brought her into my side, gently rubbing her arm in a comforting manner.

"Come on, let's go check out the castle." Hope looked up at me and nodded with a small smile. She hugged my arm as we walked, never letting up her grip for a second.

The castle overlooked the city of Heidelberg. The castle definitely looked worn down from years of weathering, but nonetheless charming. I had a random person take a picture of Hope and me with the city's view in the background and then one with the background castle.

"You both are such an adorable couple." The person who took our pictures said. I slightly coughed and looked over to find Hope blushing. Hope was the one to speak.

"Actually." I cut her off.

"Thank you," I spoke out. I didn't mind claiming Hope as a significant other. I would rather say that than have another episode of what happened at the fight. The person smiled and was on their way.

"Sorry, I cut you off and made you upset by what I said." She still had a blush on her face but smiled widely at me.

"No, it's perfectly fine." She said as she laced our fingers together, leading the rest of the way to the castle. I stopped and took a lot of pictures of the scenery around me. I have so many pictures on my camera from everywhere we've been throughout this trip.

"Okay, where next?" Her stomach growled.

"Alright, food it is," I said with an amused grin. We found another place that served traditional German cuisines and tried something different this time. No idea what it was, but It was absolutely delicious.

"Let's turn in for the day. I'm exhausted." Hope looked a little pale, so I agreed. We always had tomorrow to finish sightseeing.

We were almost to our youth hostel when Hope stopped. She went over to a bush and emptied out the contents of her stomach. I went to her and held her back. Once she was done, she looked up at me. She looked like she was even paler than she was earlier.