Chapter 13

I woke up rejuvenated from having another dreamless sleep. I hope it continues to be this way. I hope that one day it'll be like this even without sleeping next to Hope. I'm very grateful to have met her and that our friendship has grown stronger.

"Hey, Hope, I've got to head home to check in with my

parents and change." She groggily nodded her head and mumbled out an okay. The drive home was, of course, short, which I'm thankful for. I keep drifting in and out from reality.

Before I knew it, I was home. I don't know why my parents got this huge house when it's empty the majority of the time. My sister doesn't really live here, my parents are always on business trips, and I'm usually out till I come back to sleep. That's if I even do.

I made my way upstairs to my parents' office and stuck my head in.

"Hello there! You requested my presence?" They lifted their gaze up to me, and I could tell by the look in their eyes that I knew what they were about to tell me I didn't want to hear.

"Well, first off, the Perry's want to see you." My dad responded first. He paused, gauging my reaction. If only they could see what was going on inside me right now.

"And we set up a therapy appointment. It's time you go." My mood went from sad to completely infuriated.

"You can't just make me go to therapy." My mom closed her

eyes while letting out an exhausted sigh.

"Yes, we can, and we are. You're going. I'm going to drop you off myself and wait till your appointment is made, just to make sure you don't skip." I angrily huffed at this.

"This is fucking ridiculous. I'm an adult; you can't just make me do something I don't want to do." She straightened her back at this moment.

"Watch your language." She said sternly. She was about to say more before my dad cut her off.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but your mother is right. Just try it once; if it's truly a waste of time, then we won't make you go back. Okay?" He spoke a lot more level-toned than what my mom had. I know I'm not getting out of this, so I should just accept my fate.

"When is it?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

"Today a two o'clock." This caught me off guard completely.

"Today? Seriously, you couldn't have waited a few days after telling me that I had to go?" I can't believe they're doing this.

"Yes, go, get ready, and eat. We will leave here in an hour." I huffed and slammed the door behind me. Once I got to my room, I immediately called Hope.

"Hey, Hope. So, my parents are making me go to some stupid therapy session today. I won't be able to hang out till later or tomorrow." I could hear her gasp.

"Why would they do that?" She said loudly into the phone.

"Ouch, my ear. Anyway, I don't know. They want me to suffer more, I guess. I'll just stop by later once it's done and let you know how it went." I heard her hum on the other end.

"Okay. I'll see you later, alligator." I heard her laugh on the other end.

"After a while, crocodile." I lightly chuckled as I hung up the phone. I really needed that laugh, even if it wasn't much. I guess it's time to get ready.

"Sweetie, Are you ready to go?" I heard my mom call up to me from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'll be right down." I hollered back down to her. Once I made it downstairs, I looked at her and sighed.