Chapter XX

"Mila, Dinah, I'm home." Austin called out as he entered the apartment.

"You brought us food? What a Dad you are." Dinah sheepishly grinned as she hugged the man before placing the pizza on the table.

"Sure. Where's Camila?"

"In here!" Camila called out from her room.

"I've found the driver and the guy who sold the ticket." Austin said while Camila placed her guitar down. The address Lucy gave them was a few minutes away from the nearest bus and train station.

"I told you she'd take the bus." Camila said as started putting her coat on.

"I'm still surprised at how you know it." Austin chuckled.

"She's my girlfriend, I know how her mind works despite the short timeframe of our relationship."

"Well, I hope she's still my girlfriend." Camila added sighing as she grabbed her car keys and started to put on her shoes.

"What are you doing?" Austin asked.

"I need to investigate further, I need to see her Austin. I'm worried sick." Camila said

"We can't right now Mila, not until tomorrow noon." Austin said.

"Please?" Camila pleaded the young man.

"Mila, Aunt Sinu will kill me. Can't we wait until atleast the third week of May?" Austin asked.

"Aust, that's two weeks away from now, We're not making progress." Camila frowned.

"Walz, there is indeed progress. You started the search in March, Dad here took the whole month of April to go back and forth the address waiting." Dinah said as she entered the room.

"I know, I'm sorry." The brunette sighed as she flopped down her bed and closed her eyes. All she could see were Lauren's fading green eyes looking down at her, smiling. As soon as she opened her eyes, tears started to fall again.

"Mila.." Austin said as he flopped down beside the brunette.

"It's just so unfair."

"Walz, Don't cry." Dinah said as she layed beside her. As soon as she did, Camila had clung onto her while she continued crying. It was the first time in years that Austin saw her as broken as this.

"Wait here." Austin mumbled as he stood up and walked out the room.

"It's so unfair Dinah." Camila mumbled sniffling.

"I know it is, when we find her we'll get the answers." Dinah said rubbing Camila's back.

"But what if we don't? What if she got tired of me? What if-"

"Don't think like that. I've never met Lauren yet, but judging from the smile on your face, your pictures. I'm sure she's a good person, she probably has a reason." Dinah said.

"You know what scares me?" Camila asked.

"The fact that what If I finally moved on from her? And I found someone new, then she returns. What if she returns and I waited for her, but she's already in someone else's arms?" Camila sobbed. Dinah listened to all the pain in every word Camila was letting out, the last time Camila cried like that was when she had a dream of her father. If only she could take the pain away, Camila would be fine in no time.

"Hey." Austin said as he appeared from the doorway.

"I think she fell asleep." Dinah mumbled when she felt Camila breathing.

"So, I talked to the Dean. Camila can take an early vacation if she finishes all the tasks and exams by next week." Austin sighed.

"You really did that for her?" Dinah asked in shock as she slowly fixed Camila's position, tucking her in bed properly.