Chapter XVII

"She's pregnant, Congratulations."

Those three words continued ringing in Lauren's ears, Austin looked at Shawn while the younger one raised his hand up. Everything happened in. Slow-motion, Austin as about to hit Shawn while the Doctor tried to stop them. Lauren on the other hand was looking at a blank space. She felt her whole world break, thoughts raising through her head.

"Did you touch her?!" Austin yelled in anger as he looked at Shawn who was currently backing up from him and now, Lauren.

"Doctor! There you are, The couple next-door are waiting for the pregnancy test." The nurse said as she looked at the Doctor. Austin stopped in his tracks while Lauren abruptly looked at the nurse dumbfounded.

"She's not the pregnant woman?" The Doctor asked as he lets go of Austin and pointed at the door.

"No, didn't you read the notes?" The nurse chuckled while the Doctor shook his head.

"I'm so sorry about that, Ms. Cabello is not pregnant you can go and see her." The Doctor said sheepishly as he gently walked away.

"Why would you do that?!" Shawn exclaimed as he fixed his shirt.

"I nearly got killed. No offense but why me? How certain are you that if she got pregnant it was me?" Shawn asked while Lauren ignored the bickering boys and looked through the door's window. Camila was laying there, looking at the TV not even noticing the person on her door. Lauren took a deep breath before entering the room, leaving the guys outside.

"Lo?" Camila questioned out as her eyes trailed to Lauren who entered her room and closed the door. The green-eyed girl had tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

"Hey.." Lauren greeted, her voice cracking. Camila gestured her to sit on the chair beside her bed.

"What are you doing here? You have work." Camila asked confused, Lauren felt a pang of guilt hit her. Has she been so busy that the brunette did not expect her to show up?

"Austin called me, I'm sorry." Lauren said as she held Camila's hand, and raising it to her lips.

"I'm sorry I've been nothing but an idiot, I-" Lauren started but was cut off with the lump in her throat before she started sobbing.

"Don't cry." Camila said softly as she wiped the tears from Lauren's cheek while the raven held her hand on her cheek.

"I'll be better, I promise." Lauren said in between sobs as she kept on kissing Camila's palm.

"I'm sorry I didn't let you explain." Camila mumbled.

"A lot of thoughts were racing through my mind that time, we've been fighting nonstop and that's what I saw on your phone." Lauren kissed Camila's hand again before leaning in to rest her cheek on the railings of Camila's bed while the brunette gently played with her hair.

"I swear it was nothing like that.." Lauren said as she started explaining things. Camila nodded, smiled, and chuckled at Lauren's story.

"You can call Halsey and I swear I'm telling the truth." Lauren said as she kissed Camila's hand again.

"I don't need to, I trust you. But maybe I will." Camila teased.

~

"Careful." Lauren said as she guided Camila out the car, Camila had been released 4 hours after she's been admitted. Lauren promised to treat both Austin and Shawn out for taking Camila to the hospital.

"Lo, I can walk properly." Camila chuckled as Lauren gently guided her.

"I know, but I can't risk it." Lauren said as she guided her girlfriend.