-7-

Not edited. Can I just say I LOVE how you all reacted to the last chapter. I admit I read all of your comments but the more I read  the more I itched to reveal what was happening... but I toughened up and I didn't. Phew! So I'm sorry for not replying... you wouldn't want me telling you everything would you? ;-)

"It's fucking mad! Why the hell was this secret kept?'

"Why not be truthful in the first place? It's obvious who Nicholas is but fuck..."

The conversation had been hashing back and forth for almost an hour. A conference link up through the computer had four brothers still searching for answers while continually coming back to the same question... why?

"Look guys, I've got my guys looking into the birth records. It shouldn't take much longer before we know something" Lucas whom Grayson had actually called for help was just as determined as the rest were for answers.

Maxon chuckled "You never cease to amaze me little brother. Shit in your line of business you'd think I'd be used to it by now!"

Lucas smiled as the others grinned.

"Well what can I say... I'm perfect this way."

The tension between them all was broken as three hearty laughs mocked the youngest of them all.

"Hey guys.... guys... GUYS!"

Damon stopped laughing for a second "yes?"

"Might I remind you of what I do?"

For one brief second there was quiet as they pondered on his words before they yet again started laughing... this time with him.

"Yeh yeh, go ahead and laugh at the kid brother."

"You do make it easy at times" Grayson said with a grin as the others nodded.

For some time there was silence before Lucas spoke again.

"So guys" he shifted in his seat and through their screens "I'm getting married."

The replies he received didn't surprise him. It's what this family did. They stood by their blood.

Holy crap brother that's great!

Congratulations!

Who is she?

When's the wedding?

When do we meet her?

Lucas squirmed knowing that they'd be severely disappointed in what he was doing and he held up his hands in defeat.

"Hold on... Ok her names Tara. She's a few years younger than me..."

"What the fuck is it with you guys and younger women?" Grayson asked while shaking his head.

"Shut it Gray. Things happen. You can't help the way your heart feels" Damon answered firmly.

"Listen guys" Lucas gulped "it's nothing like that. I know her through her father. He's a dickhead. Anyway things just ended up this way. No love involved. Mutual agreement. I need an heir. It's a civil ceremony... this afternoon."

His brothers sat silent. Each speechless. Even Grayson had trouble understanding why Lucas would choose to get married this way. Although maybe he had a point.

A loveless marriage might just be the way to go.

"Well good luck little brother. When Mum finds out she's missed out on another wedding..."

Lucas laughed "Well she and Dad are still in London living the high life"

"You'd think they'd be bored with all the travel by now" Maxon  shook his head "I mean, four years... are they ever coming home?"

His brothers chuckled while Grayson hid the anger he felt for the woman he once called mother.

*********

OK OK I know I didn't explain the last chapter but I will soon ;)

QUESTION do any of you talk about my stories to friends outside wp?

Am I famous yet? lol

xxxxxx