-25-

Not edited.

Grayson sat in the small farm office with a printed out version of the email he'd gotten from Lucas. Each name he read over and over as he had done on the night he learnt exactly what his father truly was capable of.

It sickened him to think of how much the man controlled his mind. The control was obvious now he thought about it, when he lived it he never once doubted the 'advice'. Now he knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that he was played by one of the best bastard players in history.

Now came the decision he had to make... which one would he call? The younger ones would most likely have no knowledge of them but there was a definite possibiliy that the older ones, most likely Donovan, had at some point heard something about them even if they didn't understand what was said. Had they? Or like him, had they seen something in a newspaper that had them searching for answers?

He had to know.

That being the case, with logical thinking, it made sense that he start at the top. Donovan Price was only a little younger than him. His father had divorced theirs to marry Grace before Donovan was born. How did his mother not know she was divorced? She still called herself his wife until she left.

Of all the children Nicholas Price fathered it was himself, his greatest defender, who was born illegitimate. A bastard son for a bastard father. How fitting.

So this Donovan... the reason for the hasty marriage... what would he be like? His bio has him listed as a banker who also ran businesses once owned by their father. In short, he sounded like a stuck up snob, might explain why he was still single. The others had a range of professions and both the girls were married, Jana had two kids; a boy and a girl, Nadane didn't have children as yet. Ian was divorced twice, no kids,  while Ragan was newly engaged to a woman eight years older than him. Adrian's information seemed a little more elusive. There was very little about him in the information making Grayson wonder why?

All in all they seemed a typically boring family... apart from one thing. They were his blood. That alone meant they were more interesting than what was written on paper.

And now it was time. Time for two families with a coinciding purpose to finally meet, compare notes and possibly, just possibly form a family.

**************

Ok.. before you all get upset about the length and cliffhanger.... cause my hiding place is getting cramped.... the next chapter is Grayson talking with Donovan for the first time and the whole chapter will be dedicated to that. After I post it I will hit publish on the next chapter of Concealed Consequences which is already written but talks of the upcoming conversation hence the reason it's waiting to be posted.

PHEW!!!! I need coffee :)