-5-

Not edited. short one pricelings... another chapter in a few hrs once I see the regulars have caught up :)

She looked down at her sleeping baby with all the love a mother's heart could hold. Her Nicholas was her life... but she missed his father. After everything that she said to he brother Charlie she knew that she'd been lying.

It was true that Grayson had been too domineering in all aspects of her life but she missed him.... dearly. If only she'd been strong enough to stand up to him then maybe he wouldn't have seemed so.... cold.

She knew that he loved her in his own way but he never said the words. That hurt. She knew that it pretty much stemmed from issues regarding his mother.

She had to laugh at that. She cpuld imagine the doctor opening the door wide open while the dollar signs kicked in. He was a  psychiatrists dream patient. It was always the mother's fault... wasn't it?

Whom ever the blame needed to go to she'd happily smack them up the side of the head for making him so miserable and non trusting.

They ruined him.

Yes he loved her... but was knowing that enough? Without the words did that love mean anything at all to her? Could she look back and say that he even showed her? Well, apart from the times they made love anyway.

Yes they did make love. It wasn't just sex. He was so gentle and caring she felt like the centre of his universe. He led her through each glorious moment they were together. He taught her what seemed like a thousand levels of pleasure as he took her to staggering heights of desire to where she now couldn't look at another man without thinking of him.

She'd had work mates who tried constantly to set her up on dates ever since Nicholas was born. In the end she had to put her foot down. No one compared with Grayson. She missed him.

As she walked quietly out of the nursery she found herself wondering for the millionth time about what he'd say about Nicholas. Would he walk away or would he want to know him?

Questions were all she had and after Charlie told her about him and Penny she knew thst being apart wasn't about the kiss any more. She'd forgiven him for that a long time ago.

No, it became more the fact that she hadn't had the chance to grow up, to be herself. Never once did she feel like she was just Josie Mitchell. Nope.

Through out her entire teen and young adult life she was always the Josie in the towns considered cutest couple of Josie and Grayson.

She needed to be herself. Would he accept that? Would he listen and hear what she had to say?

What ever the answer there was something she always knew would happen one day since finding out that she was pregnant.

She was going to see him.