-4-

Not edited.

He raised an eyebrow at the two people in front of him. He noticed them as soon as he walked into the cafe. He watched as he put his hand over hers while tucking her hair back off her face. She actually giggled at something he said and he replied with a large grin.

Sam and Carol.

It was sickening. All lovey dovey like nothing had ever happened. Like she'd never run off with the first guy she found out that had lots of money.

That thought alone was amusing. Did she send him broke like she tried to with Sam?

And Sam... fucking dipshit. Arsehole got between his brother Maxon and Red and for what? Because she looked like his ex. His ex who'd slept with anything that had a willing dick between their legs. Once there was a tine he held Sam in high regard bit seeing him on a regular basis he soon got to see the real man. The man who'd used the woman his brother should have ended up with.

"She's back."

He turned to face Charlie as he lent across the counter and nodded to the couple that he himself had been looking at. It seemed that yes indeed she was back and by the looks of things she was settling right back into her old routine. Whore.

"When did she arrive?"

"Three days ago. She's back to stay apparently."

Grayson smiled to himself. He had an older brother who'd be relieved to hear that. After all it meant that Red was single now.

Red.

"Have you seen Red and Claire?" Grayson asked with concern, if he hurt them...

"Yeh, she apparently signed a lease on the old Currell place. Pennys got Claire while Red packs up their stuff at the cottage."

That was when he grinned widely for the world to see.

"I think my truck might make her move faster."

Charlie caught on quickly and he too started to smile.

"You have a point and with a couple of able bodied men..."

"She'd be moved out quickly."

The look that passed from one to another was one of being sneaks as they plotted the plan they just hatched. No words were needed for them to agree that Red was better off away from the man who used her as a substitute. The resemblance between the two was striking, physically at least. In terms of personality, heart and morals Red had no competition with her.

If only his brother hadn't fucked up the way he had. He was missing out on a lot of the milestones he'd never get back. You don't ever turn your back on a child. Blood is blood.

The only redeeming quality his mother had was thd fact that she hadn't walked away from her children when she walked away fron their dad. That was the only quality she had that he approved of.

"So..." Charlie started to talk to him again and he jerked back into reality "about Josie..."

"Don't. We're talking Charlie. Don't fuck it up." His voice was cold, harsh and calculating as his eyes narrowed in on the man who was once his best friend.

Charlie slowly nodded. He knew if he pushed that Grayson would walk away and never return. He knew he had to time things right or the old Grayson would never come back.

"Fair enough. If you want to talk..."

"Not going to fucking happen Charlie. Just leave it alone."

He was fuming. The day had started out ok and now it'd turned into something of dread as he knew that he'd never get her out of his head. She'd haunt him for hours until he could't stand looking at himself and she didnt deserve that place in his life. Once maybe but not now. Not now that she had a son with another man.

Fucking whore!