Chapter 4.

I rang the bell and seconds later Hale appeared on the door. She hugged me and let me enter Nick's house, there was no sign of Caci around the couch.. for sure she was with Nick doing who knows what.

"Where the hell where you? We got really worried about you" Hale said to me. We sat on the couch and she turned on the tv.

"I went for a walk and got lost" I said.

"What happened to your shirt and your hair?" she asked me looking and touching my hair with the tip of her finger. "Oh my god, Mads it smells really bad!"

"Um yeah, some guys were just playing around and they... bumped into me and split a drink on me. Anything bad, really" I told her. She looked at me with a confused look.

"Next time try texting me at least?"

"Yeah mom" I replied,

"Now go get a shower girl!" She said pushing me out the couch

"By the way where is the little couple?" I asked

"I think they went to get something for dinner"

"Okie, I'll shower and wait for them" I said as I walked upstairs while Hale continued watching television on the couch.

I reached the last step of the stairs and tried to remember which one was my and Hale's room. I could easily tell because she had already placed all her all time low's posters on the walls. It was fine for me. She was a big fan, not as me but I liked their music and they seemed cute guys. It was funny, cause every night we would gossip together about them and one direction before sleeping...

I took off the shirt Calum gave me and throw it to be washed. I grabbed my pajamas, some panties and socks from the closet to get changed before showering. I wouldn't go naked in Nick's house, especially because I could bump into him anytime.

-

"If you want to use the bathroom I'm done!" I shouted for Hale to hear me, she was still down stairs

"I'll wait until Caci and Nick arrive" she shouted back.

I have been almost 20 minutes showering and these dorks weren't back yet? I didn't knew what to do. I was quite bored. By now all my clothes and things were unpacked and placed on the closet. I went down stairs with my computer. I took a glass full of coke and started walking around the house. Finally, I sat in a couch outside in the garden. I could see the starts. It was a perfect night, it was a bit cold but I was okay with Calum's jumper, I would only use it with the excuse that it was really comfy and smelled perfect.

I placed the laptop over my lap and turned it on. After two long minutes of waiting for it completely turn on I opened safari. Three different tabs. I logged into twitter and facebook. That was when I remembered about the boys I met earlier, only remembering of two of them, hella of a day.. I just wanted to sleep. I tried to keep awake for dinner but Caci and Nick were taking their time. Finally my eyes shot down.

-

I heard a very loud noise from the kitchen, like a cup fell down and broke into pieces or something. Maybe Caci was finally making dinner? I looked over my watch and it was almost 1pm. I was still sleepy, not awaken at all. I got up, looked around and I was at my room, not at the sofa outside. I didn't remember going to sleep to bed. Before walking outside my room I found a little note on my bedside table

'Mads we had gone shopping for some food because yesterday Nick took Caci somewhere and they got lost.. This city looks to be confusing and I haven't been out yet owww! Remember you must have something to eat because you hadn't have dinner yesterday, so go eat or I will kill you. Loves you, Halepoo xx'

I laughted at the end of it 'Halepoo', as that was how I called her when we were 6. Long ago, big old memories.

So if they were shopping I was having the house for me, party for one ya- Well not at all they might have already come home. I reached the last step of the stairs, there was.. anyone? I was alone in a Nick's house and no one was in my sight, the first thing I did is grab an umbrella that was next to the front door and walk around the living room without making a noise till I reached the kitchen.

I saw some guy turned around. I was pretty sure he wasn't Nick, I mean, this guys had brown hair and Nick had black hair or? Why I didn't know my best friend's boyfriend hair colour? I'm.. He was searching something on the drawers next to the fridge. I could only get to see his back. Maybe I should just call the police and go outside.. I looked for my phone at my pockets. Great, now where it was? I grabbed tightly the umbrella, and stepped silently into the kitchen slapping really hard the man's head with the umbrella.

"What the hell!?" He almost shouted while grasping his head.

My hands left the umbrella when he said that. My mouth was wide opened just as my eyes when I realized it was Calum, what had I done? "I'm really sorry Calum- wait. What are you even doing here?" I asked him. I didn't know what to say, I was afraid he would start bleeding.

"I wanted to bring your phone back, you forgot it at home so I decided to-"

"Break into my house?" I interrupted him.

"No, Nick gave me a copy of his keys last year." he said, I could still see the pain in his face.

It made sense which made me felt sorry for him. He looked hurt, he was hurt. I made him sit on the sofa while I grabbed an ice bag from the freezer for him. I sat beside him and slowly took off his beanie. It was cute and it smelled as the jumper he lent me before. I put the ice bag on his head.

"I'm sorry Calum really, I didn't mean to slap you but I thought you were a thief... I-I awkwardly appeared in my room and-and... that..." I tried to apologize myself.

"Don't worry I'm better now. And sorry if I scared you.. I read your friend's note and I was about to make you something to eat" he half smiled to me as he placed his hand on my cheek. "Yeah I sound really creepy but from yesterday you know" I quickly stood up and blushed, it was cute how we wanted to take care of me now plus I almost busted an umbrella against his head.

"I will prepare some lunch for me, do you want something?" I asked him

"Um just something to drink please." He said as I walked to the kitchen trying to get out of that awkward situation

"Want some help?" Calum shouted from the couch

"No its okay, almost done!"

I took two glasses full of coke, I opened the fridge and found some pasta from yesterday. I placed the plate in the microwave and headed again to the living room. Calum was gone, the only thing left was the ice-bag on the sofa. Where he was now? If he was again trying to make fun of me I wasn't letting him. But suddenly I felt a big hand on the bottom of my back, which made one of the two glasses fall from my hands into the floor.