Chapter 2.

Maddy's POV:

"I swear it took forever" Hale said while the train was slowing.

"Nick is waiting for us at the parking, we must hurry up girls!" shouted Acacia and everyone on the train turned around to see her, it was quite embarrassing.

I took my earphones off and put them in my bag. We stood up and walked out of the train.

"Each one of us is taking two suitcases to the car s-" I started saying but couldn't finish as Acacia was already running directly to the entrance to look for Nick, leaving me and Hale alone. That meant we had to carry all the heavy baggage...

I took my stuff and also one of Acacia's bag while Hale helped me with the rest. Almost crawling, we walked outside the terminal. I could see those love birds already making out and almost sucking each others faces... Ughhhh, it wasn't disgusting but it was completely awkward.

As we got out from the station I would feel the difference in the weather compared to Perth, it felt quite sunny and warm.. it was actually raining when we left Perth. Nick greeted us and we walked to his car. All I had thought wasn't true at all, after a year he changed completely, he seemed nice? He helped us to get all the bags in the trunk and some minutes later when we were done, he drove us to his house.

The car ride was quite silent. I took out my earphones once more and my phone to continue listening to music, Hale looked out the window, and Acacia and Nick kept talking about how much they missed each other. I put the music on shuffle and opened flappy bird, somehow I wanted to get distracted. After 5 minutes of being annoyed at the silly game, I blocked my phone and started looking out the window. The day was just perfect, it was sunny, people running out side. Sydney streets were beautiful, just as all those guys over there.. At least Hale is like me, but now we couldn't talk about boys cause love birds just in front of us.

We stopped at a red light. Anytime we stopped Caci and Nick didn't missed the chance to make out right in front of us, I patiently waited for it to turn back to green. I breathed. Sooner or later I was going to get used to this kind of situtation... I must admit they were cute and stop being so jealous? I rolled my eyes at my thoughts and drifted my sight over my window once again, admiring Nick's neighborhood. 

After some more minutes of driving, we arrived. I stepped out the car. Nick helped us to take all the bags from the trunk and as we entered his enormous house. I remembered once Caci told us about Nick's parents story, this important law firm they owned and so the loads of money they had. Fortunately we weren't meeting them anytime soon, they looked pretty damn serious in the family pictures exposed on their library shelf.

On the other hand, Nick was the exact opposite to them. Always dressed in black, covered in tattoos, punk rock style. Not my type at all.. I was stormed out my thoughts by him calling my name, he was actually guiding us to our rooms. Acacia had the smaller one by herself, while Hale and I were in a separate yet bigger one. As we walked towards the end of the hall I could already picture myself taking a proper 3 hour nap.

I looked down my phone and realized it was too early, so instead I decided to go for a walk around the town. I quickly unpacked my clothes from my bag and placed them over the wooden wardrobe.

"I'm going for a little walk, wanna come?" I asked Hale while I tried putting on some more comfortable shoes.

"We just arrived Mads, maybe later?" She said with sleepy eyes from her bed.

"Uhhh, well I'm still going just to take a look.. I'll be back later gal" I closed the bedroom door behind me and walked downstairs, straight to the front door. The sun on my face was one of the best things I could ask for, it felt really warm. I opted for walking to the right side of the street. I reached the corner and it looked quite dead, no one was outside?

I walked two blocks away and I only had seen a woman walking past me. I didn't want to get too far cause I had never been here before. I put on my earphones again and started listening to some music. Everywhere I go I would always take my music, it made me feel good in some way..

I started thinking about Perth and how mom would be spending her time over there, maybe just going around and looking for work. As always, not at home. Thinking about her made me miss her like crazy, but it was very-

"What the ffff-" I almost shouted. Somebody from nowhere appeared and bumped into me. I was now lying in the floor, I could feel myself wet, my whole shirt. I placed one hand on the floor and other in my chest, it was cold and all sticky.

"Oh my god. That was hilarious lad!" I heard a guy laughing with another two boys by his side that were also laughing at me.

I didn't understand anything of what was happening, I was so confused and angry. I didn't even know what to do or where to go, I just needed to hide somewhere. I felt so embarrassed... I could feel the tears almost dropping from my eyes. I thought that here would be different..

I stand up by myself as quickly as I could. I saw the guy one last time, he was looking at me also. We stayed like this, looking into each other's eyes for what seemed like ages. I broke our eye contact and started running, don't knowing where. Instead of going back home, I just kept running in any direction, just away from there.

Calum's POV:

We all burst out laughing, I could tell that the girl's face was hilarious but inside I felt bad for her. She looked really pissed and I don't know if she was crying but it seemed to.

"She'll be okay?" I asked pretty serious. We left starbucks and come home walking, when Luke pushed me and.. I bumped into her. I felt really bad.

"Did you even apologize Calum?" Michael asked me.

"Should I?" I asked and both, Luke and Michael nodded.

I walked after her in order to apologize, I was a complete idiot. The image of her hazel eyes filled with tears made me feel worse.

Maddy's POV:

I ran but I needed air. I continued walking as I turned round the corner. I scrubbed my eyes to wipe the tears away from my eyes, I could barely see. In the front street there was a big park, luckily there wasn't anyone. I stepped on the road and I listened a big honk, I almost jumped and stepped back. A car passed just in front of me. Why this should be happening? First there was anyone on the street, now three guys decide to make fun of me and I nearly get hit by a car. Perfect.

I looked again to both sides and crossed the street. I reached the park and looked desperately for a bench. I sat down on one next to a tree and took out my phone. I tried to call Hale but she didn't answer, she might be asleep already. And obviously that Acacia won't answer cause Nick.. Although I tried, they didn't answer. I tried calling as many times as I could, but nothing. I was sitting in the middle of nowhere and the only people I knew wouldn't answer their phone.

"Are you okay? I'm really, really sorry" A voice asked from behind me