× Prologo ×

A 6 year old Jupiter toddled around the large green fields, a huge smile on his face. His blue eyes were wide open as he spun in a circle, taking in the scenery with enthusiastic and carefree eyes. A soft giggle escaped from his pink lips as he started running as fast as he could, the wind brushing gently against his face.

He stopped abruptly however, when he felt a presence behind him. Turning around, he saw two other slightly older twins playing together. His smile widening, he raced over.

"Hi, Tyler, Kyler! May I play with you?" he asked excitedly.

The boys turned to look at him and their faces twisted in disgust.

"Mummy said we can't play with you, go away," they said in sync with their little noses scrunched up.

"Oh...okay," he dejectedly but then perked up again, "maybe later?"

But they had gone back to playing and didn't even glance at him.

He bit his lip and turned away, feeling his eyes starting to burn, his enthusiasm slowly ebbing away. He looked to the floor sadly and slowly walked away. A few footsteps later, a pair of shoes came into view. He looked up to see two adult female wolfs chatting together.

He plastered on a smile, his sadness fading away slightly.

"Hi!" he greeted happily but faltered slightly when they turned to look at him blankly.

They didn't even bother to reply and just turned around and walked away.

"No!" he cried out, his hand outstretched as he fell.

"Please, please don't leave me! I'm sorry! Please! Please I-" he cut himself off as everyone in the surrounding area turned to look at him, the lonely boy on his knees, as they all turned and walked away together in disgust.

"Why? Why are you leaving me?" he asked as heart wrenching sobs escaped his lips but nobody paid any attention.

Huge crystal tears rolled down his cheeks as he felt his heart clenching.

He rolled onto his back and clutched at his chest.

"It hurts, it hurts, please don't go," he murmured softly to himself but no one heard his cries.

~*~

Jupiter shot up, his arm outstretched, breathing erratic. Snatching his hand back, he shook his head as he tried to differentiate dreams from reality. Letting out a sigh, he internally berated himself for still having these stupid dreams. They didn't care about him, they made that clear. And he didn't care about them. They were mere strangers to him, he was stronger now. He wasn't a stupid 6 year old yearning for affection anymore, he didn't need it. Nodding to himself, he got off the pathetic pile of leaves he called his bed and stretched. Mentally preparing himself for the new day ahead, he started to get ready.

~*~

A/N:

An idea that has been stuck in my head for a while :)