ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

A recorded video was playing on the laptop as the cops watched it with a deep frown etched on their faces

A recorded video was playing on the laptop as the cops watched it with a deep frown etched on their faces. Both Asad and Shayan were confused and baffled. Confused of this mysterious caller who informed them regarding the video. And baffled while seeing the clip playing, which their team recovered from a covert camera.

There was a grey Civic at a darker and secluded side of the parking lot. The silhouette that came out of the car was none other than Alina Imtiaz. Though her face was partly hidden due to the absence of light, they recognized her in an instant through her photographs.

Another figure accompanied her. It was a man dressed in all black. His face was concealed under a cap and they seemed like shadows moving in the darkness. They scuttled towards the public side of the airport and disappeared from the eyes of cameras.

"They deleted the particular camera records of the Airport... Because they were there. And she's not alone." Shayan slightly shook his head, staring at the screen.

"We've searched through the passengers' passport and flight records of last night, sir. There is no one named Alina Imtiaz as you predicted. So, we have made a list of travelers we suspected and are also investigating crew members." A cop spoke, informing Asad.

"Who's in the car?" Asad nonchalantly said, his eyes still trained on the laptop. Shayan's attention was on the screen again which showed only the car a few seconds ago but now there was also a girl.

Her features weren't completely hidden like that of the man's, as she cautiously looked all around herself after moving out of the Civic.

"Zoom it," Asad said as he focused on her face. Her features were somewhat visible under the dim moonlight. In a second she was out of the camera's reach.

"The car wasn't there means she'll come back." Shayan voiced his thoughts while Asad nodded. Approximately after fifteen minutes, the girl was back.
They were right.

She opened the door and sat in, the car reversed and then gone out of their sight.

"Did you follow her tracks?" Asad asked, turning his head. "Yes we did, unfortunately, we lost it afterward. But we have cordoned off all the public squares. We will find her soon." The cop briefed.

"Take her picture, clear it, and find out who's she," Asad ordered as he threw a skeptical glance on the screen and retreated his steps back, moving out of the room with Shayan following him.

"So, Officer, did you think of the clue I gave you?" They were welcomed by the mysterious man Mr. Farhan as he was seated on one of the chairs in the waiting area.

"Well, we can trust your statement but we still have no evidence." Asad promptly said, folding his hands back.

"You should trust me. I know all the secrets of that con girl. She first swindled my wife out of money then her next target was to delete all the records of exchange that happened between them. But on that horrible night when she sneaked into the cafe Rasheed caught her and she ended his life. I assume she was afraid that my wife would know about her tricks so she also killed her." Farhan exasperatedly repeated what he told them before.