ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

They stepped inside the uncomfortable aura of the Jinnah International Airport

They stepped inside the uncomfortable aura of the Jinnah International Airport. Rangers on duty at the entrance, security cameras all over the place, officers pry eyes on strangers, a crowd of people and here, despite the security, two con artists trying to make an escape.

Alina wiped the beads of sweat forming on her forehead as they walked through the lounge, near the airline check-in counter, her high boots clicking on the white marble floor. They were already late so they didn't have to wait in the departure hall.

"Act normal," Azlan whispered casually.

"I know how to act, don't order me around." She whispered back, though her tone was sharp.

"How will Maheen follow us here?" Alina asked him, as they waited for their turn in the queue, eyeing the security officers.

"She has a friend, a flight crew member, it won't be a problem for her." It was part of their plan. Maheen decided to keep an eye on them until they were out. She would follow them to ensure their safety, if something unusual happened she'll be there for help.

Alina nodded slyly, once again roaming her eyes on their surroundings. Her eyes caught two pairs of hazel ones. It was Maheen. She got in, maybe with the help of her friend. She gave Alina an understanding final glance and stood near one of the counters.

At their turn, they present their baggage for inspection. It went fine and smoothly. The security officer checked their passports and ushered them to go. Alina gave a side glance to Azlan when they settled in their respective seats in the plane.

At last, she got to see his features clearly under the bright lights. Her eyes narrowed, scrutinizing the boy's figure. His attributes and dressings gave an impression of being a gentleman. Or if he really was a con artist then he seemed a respectable one. He had brown messy hairs with grey steely eyes. Eyes similar to the person who was once the most important soul in her life. She was dazed, looking at his good-looking profile. Her sixth sense continuously warned that she had seen him somewhere. He resembled...

"Please stop this stare session, you're confusing me. It's creepy." Azlan's irritated voice stopped her thoughts and guesses.

"Oh really? Then don't you think stalking someone is more creepy?" She mocked.

"Listen, I-" Looked like he came up with a new excuse or lie because it was confirmed that he wasn't going to tell the truth, so Alina shut him up.

"Save it." She blocked her vision with an eye mask and rested her back on the comfortable seat beneath her.

A long sigh of relief escaped her lips as soon as she felt the plane lifted off the ground and flew to its destination. They finally departed for Lahore. The city she visited fourteen years ago with her parents. She wasn't happy though. How can one be happy in a situation like hers?