ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

She stood silently near a large window, partly blinded by expensive curtains

She stood silently near a large window, partly blinded by expensive curtains. Behind her, the room wasn't heavily decorated but the beige-colored walls, furnished furniture and a walk-in closet made it obvious that its owner had spent a hefty amount on her house.

Alina was apparently looking at the tiny water droplets on the glass of the window but her mind roamed somewhere else.

Somewhere in the past.

She was a girl with secrets.

A girl who lies effortlessly.

A girl who was living her life with a fake reputation in society.

For the world, she was known as a fashion designer, running a small boutique in one of the famous stores of the city. A perfect cover to hide her crimes.

In reality, she was a con-artist.

She wasn't a goody-two-shoes innocent girl who dreams about her prince charming, coming to save his damsel-in-distress.

Her days spent planning strategies to scam people and hook their earnings.

Yes, she was despicable.

Was she always like that?

No, she wasn't.

She had a perfect life as a kid. A beautiful family, loving parents and a little sister. A lovely place which we call home.

A life filled with the laughter of joys. A childhood spent in her parent's care and love.

But when she turned thirteen, life happened.

She lost her parents. She lost her family. Her home.

Her world shattered drowning all happiness in the depths of infinite darkness. Her life turned upside down.

Everything vanished after the tragic death of her parents. Only blood-filled images of the atrocities that happened the day before her birthday became her horrible past. The gunshots and screams that haunted her every single night. The painful events that changed her life forever.

Maryam, her little sister, was the last hope for her survival.

The rest five years of her life were spent in an orphanage. But as soon as she reached the age of eighteen, they refused to take her responsibility.

Alina left the orphanage taking Maryam with her.

When her immature self exposed to the cruel world outside, she learned that people are real monsters. They believe in the give-and-take formula. If you want to survive you need to be strong, otherwise, you'll be kicked out.

Alina struggled hard but it turned even more challenging when she had only an intermediate degree in the name of qualification.

Alina tried to survive but failed miserably.