Chapter 16 - Trust

Another update. Wow. I'm on a roll. What do you guys think about the new cover? You like it? Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Vote, comment, message me!

READ ON!

Niall’s P.O.V.

            I woke up that morning curled into a muscular and tanned chest. Liam was muscular, but not this tan. So who was this? When I finally came to my senses, I realized that I was against Zayn’s body. Why was I here? I tried to remember what happened last night. Liam turned me down, and I went into the theater room. I fell asleep in there. I vaguely remember strong arms carrying me upstairs, and then lying me down on a bed. That must have been Zayn. Why didn’t he return me to Liam’s side? Why did he take me to his room? I was about to get up, but I was too comfy. I smiled into Zayn’s tanned chest and closed my eyes. This was too warm to move. Suddenly I heard the door creak open, but I didn’t open my eyes. Whoever it was could wait until I was ready to get up to talk with me. To my delight, the person shut the door quietly and walked away. I was glad I hadn’t gotten up. I cuddled further into Zayn, and fell asleep again.

            The next time I woke up, it was past noon. Zayn was still lying with me, but he was awake and yawning.

            “You sleep a lot,” I said, my voice groggy. Zayn smiled and shook his head.

            “So do you,”

            “Actually, I woke up earlier, but I was too warm to move,” I chuckled. Zayn smiled too and pulled himself away from me, leaving me cold. “Why am I here?”
            “I found you in the theater room last night asleep. I didn’t want you to have to sleep there, so I carried you back to your room. Unfortunatly, Liam was sprawled out over the whole bed, extending his arms like a star fish,” Zayn laughed, “So I brought you here, because I didn’t want to wake him up,”

            “Oh, thanks mate,” I said simply. Zayn nodded.

            “No problem,” He said, “I’m taking a shower,”

            Zayn left and I heard the water start running. Finally, I forced myself to stretch and get up. I walked sleepily towards the room I shared with Liam to find clothes. He wasn’t in there, so I changed quickly and got ready for the day. I was about to head down to the game room, when my stomach growled. Looks like the gaming could wait.

            I walked into the kitchen and started rummaging through the kitchen, when I heard a strange muffled noise that sounded like someone crying. I stopped what I was doing and searched for the noise. It was coming from the office. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. I heard voices from the other side, so I pressed my ear to the door and listened, even though I shouldn’t be eavesdropping.

            “Liam, please, stop crying,” A voice that I didn’t recognize said. There was another sob from Liam.

            “I-I c-c-can’t!” His pained voice broke my heart and made me feel heavy.

            “Liam, can you at least try to tell me what you’re crying about?” The voice continued. Liam wailed again, and I heard something crash. “Liam, please,”

            “I’m nothing without him. Nothing,” Liam’s broken voice said.

            “Without who?”           

            “You know who,” Liam said softer, his tears seemingly slowing down, “He doesn’t love me. He told me he did, but he doesn’t. He can’t.”