Chapter 15 - Second Guessing Love

Liam’s P.O.V.

            After dinner, I excused myself from the room to call William. I needed to figure out how I was going to see him.

            “Hello?” He answered on the first ring.

            “Hi, Dr. Mullard, it’s me, Liam Payne,” I said.

            “Ah, Liam,” He said, “I thought I told you to call me William,”

            “You did, sorry,” I said simply, “Look, our management has sent the band on a vacation, and I’m not sure how I’m going to come visit you,”

            “Can’t you leave and come see me?” He asked.

            “Well, yes, but I would have to call management and get them the escort me,” I said, “I just don’t know how this will work. And I need to see you soon, uh, I had another panic attack,” I felt more than pathetic admitting this. Why was I so embarrassed of these insecurities? I had to get over it. I have panic attacks and depression, I had to deal with the facts. But I’ll get over it. Right?

            “Are you okay?” he asked, his voice full of worry.

            “Yes, I am now,” I said.

            “Alright, good, well, how about I come to you? Give me an address and a time.”

            Would that work? If William came to me, I definitely wouldn’t be able to hide the frequent visits from the others. I groaned. There was no other way.

            “Sounds good,” I said. I gave him Simon’s address and told him a time that would work for me tomorrow.

            “Thanks Liam,” He said, “I’m glad you are continuing the sessions,”

            “Me too,” I said honestly. William was helping me a lot more than I’d like to admit.

            I hung up after saying good bye and headed into that bathroom to take a shower. I turned on the hot water and stepped in, letting the water burn my skin. I closed my eyes savoring the feeling and relaxing. This vacation was helping us. It really was. I could tell already.

            “Liam!” A voice called.

            “I’m in the shower!” I yelled back. Suddenly there was a click at the bathroom door. How did I forget to lock it?

            “Mind I if I join you?” The Irish voice sung. I if could have seen him then, I’m sure he was smiling. My heart started pounding. He wasn’t being serious was he? This is innocent little Nialler we are talking about here, the same little leprechaun who admitted that he was a virgin the week before he disappeared. I heard the sink turn on and I caught a whiff of soap. He must just be washing his hands. My heart stopped beating so fast. “Liam?”