Chapter 10 - William

Liam’s P.O.V.

            I woke the next morning, my arms wrapped around Niall. I loved waking up like this. Unfortunately, after checking the clock, I realized I had to get up. When I was at the hospital the doctor said I had to go back for therapy sessions. Today was my first one since the incident. I untangled myself from Niall, making sure I didn’t wake him up. I got dressed quickly, and grabbed my phone, heading out the door.

            Walking seemed to be the simplest thing, and a good way to clear my mind. My first session of therapy didn’t really count, so technically, this was my first session. I was a bit nervous. Previously, the doctor had just said that I needed to see a different doctor to “sort some things out”. The morning air was a bit chilly, but it was nice out, especially for London.

            I arrived at the hospital and walked inside, a bit unsure about all of this. The whole reason I had been so depressed is because Niall wasn’t here. But now he was back, so, I was okay again, right?

            “Can I help you?” The lady at the front desk asked me.

            “Ah, yes, I am here to see,” I pulled out a piece of paper and read the name, “Dr. Mullard,”

            “Oh, you must be Mr. Liam Payne,” She smiled. I nodded. “Great, head down that hall. It’s the first door on the right. Oh, and also, he likes to be called William, not Dr. Mullard,” She said.

            “Thank you,” I smiled as I turned and headed down the hall. I reached the first door on the right and knocked.

            “Come in!” A smooth voice called from the other side of the door. I opened the door, and walked into the office. It was small, and quaint. A tan couch was situated against the wall and a recliner was positioned across from it. In the chair sat a man, who I assumed was Dr. Mullard. He was younger than I expected, and stood when he saw me. “Liam!” He got closer to me and reached out his hand. I took his hand in mine and shook it.

            “You must be Dr. Mullard,” I said softly.

            “Didn’t Caroline tell you? I like to be called William,” He said, smiling at me. I nodded, but didn’t answer. “So, uh, have a seat Liam,”

            I walked to the couch and sat, a bit awkwardly, rubbing my wrists, what had now become an unhealthy habit of mine.

            “Alright Liam, so, tell me about yourself,” William said, sitting in the recliner and smiling. I shifted uncomfortably.

            “Well, I’m in a band,” I said.

            “Yes, I know. My daughter is quite the fan. But what I mean is, tell me about yourself, as a person,” William said, grabbing a clipboard from a side table. That made me worry. What was he writing down about me?