Chapter 6 - The Interview

Liam’s P.O.V.

            It was interview time. We were all in the dressing room, having our make-up done and our clothes checked on. I glanced towards Niall, who looked rather distracted, just like the rest of us. I hadn’t spoken to Niall since I confessed my love for him, and he hadn’t spoken to me. Everything hurt again.

            “C’mon lads,” Louis said, “We can do this. All we have to do is get back into the swing again. How many interviews have we done in our careers?”

            “Louis is right,” Harry said, “We just need to do this like every other interview.”

            “Niall, mate, focus,” Zayn said, grabbing Niall’s arm and pulling him into our small huddle we had formed. Niall looked up and then around the circle, locking eyes with me. I looked away quickly, it was too painful.

            “Liam, you too, focus,” Louis said. I looked back to the circle.

            “We are a team, a band, a group of best friends,” Harry said, “We can’t forget that. We have been through everything together. We can do this,”

            We all smiled and nodded in agreement.

            “Group hug!” Louis yelled. We all laughed together, something we hadn’t done in awhile, and fell into a huge group hug. I couldn’t help but to smile. We could do this, together.

            “Let’s go boys,” A voice called from outside the door.

            “Let’s do this poo,” Harry smiled. We walked, our arms wrapped around each other, out the door and towards the interview.

            “Welcome to our show today! We have amazing guests for you today! Please welcome, One Direction!”

            We walked out in a line, me furthest to the back, which was okay with me. We waved to the live studio audience, and took our seats on the couch. Unfortunately there wasn’t enough room on the couch, so I just sat on the arm of the chair, folding my hands in my lap.

            “Niall, it’s amazing to see you,” The interviewer said at last. I glanced to Niall and he smiled and nodded.

            “Yeah, it’s good to be back,” He said.

            “So, the world is wondering Niall, how are you not dead? For almost a week now, the world has thought you to be dead, and now, poof! Here you are, perfectly fine.”

            The interviewer was being too cheery, looking at Niall hungrily. She wanted information that she would never get. Niall sighed.

            “It was a big misunderstanding. A body was found and they thought it was me, just because it was a teen boy and his dental records matched mine closely.” Niall said simply.