H.O.H: The Missing Pieces 2:00:

I really wanted to post the first chapter tonight since I edited it! After this one we are back to our Friday scheduled updates! Sorry!

But I hope you like it!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________

September 26th

Last rehearsal was done.

I had been busting my ass these past few months, and the first show was on Saturday.

I was so excited, but I was leaving Lauren for a while. That was going to suck.

I was getting on that plane Saturday and she was staying here.

But we'd be fine, I was just going to miss her like crazy.

She'd be home soon too, and I planned on taking her out for dinner, just one more time before I left.

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I walked through the hall and I pulled it out, expecting a call from Lauren, but instead it was Scooter.

"Hey, what's up man?"

"Justin, something happened..."

"Huh? What? What happened? Is Lauren ok?"

"Yeah, it's not Lauren, or Carin, but Avalanna..."

My heart lurched, my eyes widening at the tone in his voice.

"...She passed away this morning."

"What?" I asked softly into the phone, sliding down the wall. "No. They said the treatments were working."

"I'm really sorry Justin. You know you made her life. They did what they could." He told me.

"No. There was more. There had to be more they could have done! She was just a little girl! This isn't right." I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, shaking my head quickly.

"I know, but you did what you could too. You made her life. I'm really sorry Justin."

"I should have done more." I said angrily, clutching my phone tightly in my hand.

"There wasn't anything else you could do."

"It's not fair."

"We knew this was coming. Justin you know they tried. It's-"

"All of those treatments! She was looking better! They said she was getting better!"

"She stopped responding months ago. She's in a better place now Justin."

"I know." I sighed, looking down at my shoes. "At least she isn't sick anymore."

"Exactly. Do you want me to come over?"

"No," I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me. "Laur is going to be home soon. I'll be ok."

God I hope she's close.

"Alright, just let me know."

"I will, thanks Scooter."

"Welcome buddy."

I dropped my phone in my lap, staring blankly at it afterwards.

Poor Avalanna.

People didn't deserve this. No one did. She was one of the sweetest little girls in the whole wide world. I had her come up with her family every time I was in New York, or just having a concert for that matter...