H.O.H: The Missing Pieces: Believe In Me:10:

January 29th

4:32 PM

I shut the trunk as quietly as I could, my suitcase in my hand as I reached for the door, turning the knob and shut it softly beside me, piano filling my ears as I sat down my bag.

I tiptoed up the stairs, the piano no longer playing.

Maybe Laur was writing or something.

Then I saw her head poke around the corner, her body jumping before she realized it was me.

"You scared me!" She said breathlessly, her arms wrapping around my neck.

"I didn't know you heard me come in. I heard you playing and figured I'd sneak a listen."

"And have me scream at the top of my lungs?"

"I didn't really think about it." I admitted with a shrug, a chuckle escaping my lips.

"Obviously!" She laughed, pulling back from the hug and kissed me. "You're home early."

"We got out of there pretty quick," I smiled, pulling her body closer. "And I wanted to surprise you."

"Well it sure as hell did that."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's ok."

"You're shaking." I chuckled again, sliding my hands from her hips to her butt.

"It's not funny!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Pecking her lips a final time, I took her hands, my eyes falling down to her butt as she walked up the stairs. "Did you have lunch with Taylor today?"

"Yeah," She nodded, turning her head to look at me as we came up the last step. "It was fun."

"Good." I said, kissing her cheek, her arms wrapping back around me.

"I missed you. I didn't think I was going to hear from you again today." She said softly, making my stomach twist in guilt.

It was true, I had barely called all week, I was so busy, she was busy, I had spent some time with my friends...I had just lost tack of time.

"I'm really sorry about that. I'm really really sorry. I missed you too."

"It's ok," She said again in her soft tone, her fingers running through the back of my hair. "Are you tired?"

"Nope. Not at all. Actually since I'm here why don't we go see a movie?"

"Really?" Her eyes brightened, the corners of her lips tugging into a smile.

"Yeah, we'll meet Moshe and he'll walk us in."

She nodded quickly, biting down on the corner of her lip again. "I'd really really like that."

I tugged her forward more, sliding my hands to her butt again, feeling her arms tighten around my neck.

"Do I look ok?"

"Gorgeous as always." The padding of my thumb moved across her bottom lip, a faint blush covering her cheeks.

"Thank you." She mouthed, my finger slipping under her chin where I tilted it up, pressing my lips against hers a final time before she walked over to the piano, picking up her cell phone off the top.

"You're welcome."

"I'm gonna get a jacket real quick."

I watched her again, grinning to myself as I shoved my hands in my pockets.