Free

We hurry out of the Purgatory, only to realize we forgot about the 5 guards that came with Nichelle. As soon as Michael sees them he blasts them hard, just like he did to Nichelle. With the extra electricity from the plug that he absorbed, he is just about unstoppable. 

"Let's go," Michael says after the guards are laying on the ground in pain. We quickly get to the stairs, afraid to use the elevator, trying to figure out how to get up to ground level (the Purgatory is on the basement).

I wasn't that fond of Michael always taking the lead, normally I was that person when it was just me and the girls. Though he acts like a natural-born leader, which for some reason surprises me. Maybe it is that he is the shortest one here, or that I just met him, but for some reason, it surprises me.

I know that the Elgen can figure out what we just did, from the constant beeping red light on the video cameras, which are put out so much to the point where nothing here can go unknowtist.

"Why haven't they stopped us yet?" I whisper to McKenna, who is right next to us. "They could see that we escaped."

"I have no idea," She responds. "Maybe nobody is at the control deck watching the cameras."

I'm not sure if she is trying to convince herself as well as me that they are not following us. Even with the support from all my new friends, I still don't feel safe. Nowhere is safe, at least until the Elgen are gone.

Even though I am worried, we are making good time trying to get out of this place. I guess its the adrenaline of getting caught. Adrenaline can to that to you. I'm so worried that they will find us to the point where I run into Taylor while we are escaping. 

"Sorry," I say to her in a whisper.

"Your fine," She says back.

Her voice echoes in my head Your fine, Your fine, Your fine. I really hope we are. We could be in more trouble if we get caught now than being in the Purgatory. Which scares me a lot.