Chapter 18 (Alexs POV)

Something was wrong with Piper. She knew something I didn't. I could feel it.

While folding sheets, I sneak glances at Piper. She's always looking at Pennsatucky.

Pennsatucky catches Pipers eye and smirks.

Piper turns as white as one of the freshly cleaned sheets Im folding.

I turn away, but still sneak glances at both of them. Oh Pipes, what have you gotten yourself into?

Nicky keeps making jokes about sex. And it is also really funny seeing Piper get flustered when the comment is directed toward us.

Pennsatucky leads Piper to the side, and they discuss something. But I can't get close enough to hear, without being seen.

Piper's eyes connect with mine. But she quickly looks away and nods at Pennsatucky.

She walks away and Luschek calls down Nicky and Piper to return down to electrical.

I stop Piper and give her a quick kiss on the cheek and she returns it.

I hear Pennsatucky curse at us, but we let it go unacknowledged.

Pennsatucky looks at Piper once more, before Piper walks out.

Resuming where I left off on folding sheets, I make a goal of finding out what's going on.

"What did you tell Piper?" I ask, directing my question towards Pennsatucky.

"Why, I done nothing." Pennsatucky smirks with her new pearly whites.

"Tell me what the hell you did. Or I will knock out your new teeth." I say, with a threatening gesture of my fist punching the flat of my hand.

Guards come around and tell us our shifts over for today and return to our cubes.

"Well Stretch! Are you threatening me?!" Pennsatucky cocks her head to the side. Still smirking.

"Oh. No. Its a promise." I put the sheets I folding off to the side. And walk out with my head up and my chest out.

I would figure this out.

Entering my cube I see that Piper isn't hers.

Uh oh.

I walk back and turn to Red.

"Where is Piper?" I ask her.

She sets down her book and soup and looks at me.

"She told me not to tvell you." Red says in her thick Russian accent.

What the hell? Piper never kept anything from me. This must be bad.

"Red! Please! This could be serious!" My voice rising.

Red looks like she is about to tell me no, but her face softens.

"She vwent back to the laundry room." Her accent seeming to sound stronger.

I walk off, picking up the pace.

Rounding the corner, separating me from the laundry room, I hear voices.

"... Well college! Seems you didn't tell Stretch! Im surprised. Buuuuut, I don't keep my promises. So, after we finish up here... Bye bye stretch." Pennsatucky is bouncing on the heels of her feet.

"What! No! We had a deal. You can kill me! Just don't touch Alex! Please!" Pipers face is wide with horror.

"Well Chapman. Life isn't always fair huh?" She turns toward Piper. "So, how should I kill you? Drown? Or my little toothbrush friend?" She pulls out a toothbrush with a blade on the end.

Piper backs away as Pennsatucky advances on her. She backs up into a full sink.

Piper turns her head and looks at the water. And Pennsatucky takes advantage of this and grabs a handful of Pipers hair. Piper grits her teeth and cries out.

Pennsatucky pushes her head under the water and Piper starts to struggle.

I panic, I need a plan.

But seeing Piper like that... She didn't have much time. I had to do this, with or without a plan.

I run in and throw Pennsatucky off of Piper. She falls to the floor gaging.

Pennsatucky is laying on the floor looking up at me dumbfounded.

I scoop up Piper and sprint as fast as I can to the chapel.

Piper is still gaging and spitting up water.

As soon as we reach the chapel, I set Piper down behind the podium.

She hunches over and I pat her back. After hacking up seems like buckets of water, Piper leans her back against the back of the podium.

Piper closes her eyes and pants.

"Why... Would... You do... That?" Piper has shock in her eyes.

"Pipes, you almost died. I think a 'Thanks' is okay." I have a small smile on my face.

"Alex. You could have gotten hurt. That's why I went there in the first place. For your safety."

I look at her, slightly mad.

"Piper. You don't get to choose what I do." I drop her hand, I didn't even know I picked it up.

"Alex! I just don't want you hurt because of me!" Tears trail down her face. "Im a hot mess and all I've done lately is hurt you." Piper fiercely wipes away the tears.

I grab her hands and hold them in mine.

"Knock it off. You never hurt me. I do it to myself. So cut the shit and don't worry about me." I kiss her, not letting her respond.

But I can't ignore the fact that we just pissed off Pennsatucky. That's not good.

**A/N**

Im so sorry for no update yesterday!! I had a school health project I had to do and all kinds of other stuff. Really hectic. But, I tried to make this a little longer to apologize for that. Hope you enjoyed, and the next chapter should be on time for tomorrow.

~ Gabrielle💁