Chapter 13 (Pipers POV)

After I found out the real reason Healy put me in here, I just couldn't contain my anger anymore.

So, I punched the wall.

My smartest decision? No.

My best moment? Not at all.

I automatically feel the impact of the punch spread through out my knuckles and up my hand. The pain stops at about the point where my wrist is.

A few tears escape my eyes and blur my vision. I fiercely wipe them away.

And right on cue, I hear Alex.

I had forgotten she was listening. I was blind in my moment of white hot rage, that I didn't think much into anything I said at that point.

What I said...

Oh my god. Healy was the one controlling how long we were put in here.

And I basically just said everything he probably didn't wanna to hear come from me.

"Piper! What did you do? Are you hurt?!" I hear her start to slap the wall in frustration.

"Im fine." But after its out, I realize that I forgot to hide the pain in my voice.

"Pipes. What did you do?" Her voice is coaxing and firm at the same time.

Gee. How do I explain this to her?

"I... I punched the wall." I say ashamed.

But Alex isn't worried about the fact that I just probably got us thrown in SHU for the rest of our lives.

"Can you move you hand?" Alex says in small voice.

"Yeah. It just hurts. Im fine." I reply, my voice cracks at the end.

Im so many things right now. And I wish fine was one of them. But its not.

"Im sorry Alex. I fucked up. We might not get out of here because of me." My tears threaten to overspill. But I don't care. So some of them slide down my face.

"Hey, keep your chin up Pipes. Will figure this out together. I promise." I hear no hint of doubt in Alex's voice.

How can she be so optimistic when were stuck in an 8x8 with moldy baloney?

"Really?" I ask unsure.

How did such a great, beautiful and caring woman like Alex, say she fell in love with such a narcissistic horses ass like me?

"Im sure. Now say it. Together." Alex orders me.

I have many doubts about our current situation, but Alex has faith. And I have ruined a lot in both our lives.

But I refuse to destroy anything else in her life. She doesn't deserve that.

"Together." I echo her.

****

9 more trays come through both our doors. Still moldy baloney.

But Im pretty sure that this baloney is so expired, it could stand on its own if I made it.

Alex and I are always taking our pillows from the cots we have in our cells, and always sleep on the floor by the vent.

Then we fall asleep talking to each other. Nothing specific, just little theories and sometimes Alex will just read her book to me.

My stomach rumbles. We've been in here for 45 days. Sure the human body can only withstand 30 days with out no food, but a couple times I have forced myself to eat around the mold.