chapter five

"Your house is a goddamn mess!"

Was the first thing I heard upon waking up.

Ironically, that voice also happens to be the last thing I wanted to hear but life has never been in my favour since I accidentally poured milk first before the cereal when I was five.

Groaning, I turned around to squint at my bedroom door just as it slams open and my mother's face comes to view. I groaned again, looking the other way.

I feel her grab the sheets and tugs at it.

"Get up" She demands, pulling at the garter of my underwear and releasing it so it'll snap against my skin.

"Ow!" I jolt and she takes this as an opportunity to grab my arm and pull me up.

"What?" I snapped, pulling my arm out of her hold once I was sitting up.

Last night... was a fucking night.

That's the only way I could describe it.

Not only was I forced into a marriage in a blink of an eye with someone that also happens to be my nemesis, I also came home to find my hostage gone.

I licked my lips, still tasting the bitter anger I felt upon seeing my bathroom door broken, pieces of wood scattered on the floor as the door hangs ajar against its hinges.

"Your house is a mess" She repeats and this time I look up to level her with a glare.

"Thank you"

"You're a mess"

"Thank you"

"Get up" She starts yanking at my sheets again making me groan in annoyance. At her third tug, she successfully manages to get it off me. She then proceeds to pick up some article of clothings on the floor and I just watch her from my bed, both confused and amazed because in all my life I don't think I've seen her do this for me.

Ever.

"Why are you so involved in my life all of the sudden?" I asked, genuinely curious. She doesn't gives me an answer though. Just straightens up to throw me the handful of under garments she picked up.

"Get dressed" She says and heads out, pausing at the door.

"And are you aware that your bathroom door downstairs is a second away from completely falling off its railing?" I gave her a flat look.

"Yes, I'm very well aware of it" She hums, nodding before disappearing.

"Get dressed" She says again, to which I just ignored, favouring of snuggling back into my bed. I feel my eyes steadily drop as I feel the sleepiness coming back.

After yesterday, I deserve to do this on a Monday morning.

But then;

"Lucas is heading over" My eyes snaps open.

"WHAT?" I shrieked, jumping off the bed wearing nothing but a bra and underwear.

"What did you just say?" I screamed, looking around because I have no idea where that woman is.

"Lucas is heading over" She emerges from one of the storage rooms.

"Why is he coming over?" I demanded growing steadily annoyed again when she walks past me to dump some trash in the bathroom.

I stare at it for a good two seconds before turning to glare at her.

"That's not where you should- nevermind" I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose to help control my anger.