Chapter 12

Lucy was waiting for Sasuke know that he will come late because of Kakashi. Himeko had feel a little irritated toward Kakashi make Lucy smile nervously. "That Kakashi... I know that he always come late but drag Sasuke with him? That's unforgivable!" Said Himeko in anger tone. Lucy just shook her head before looking at the arena. Her vision had show her of something make her feel uncomfortable but she can't do anything about it.

As Shikamaru and Temari's match has come to an end, people comment on Shikamaru's strategy and skill. With Sasuke and Gaara's match needing to start, the Third Hokage sets a time limit for Sasuke to arrive. Himeko then look at Lucy. "Don't you want to go down talk with Shikamaru, Lucy?" Said Himeko before looking at Shikamaru. Lucy just sigh softly hearing what Himeko said to her. "No, he will be fine. Don't worry, Hime." Said Lucy lowly make Himeko nodded her head. Then Lucy sense of Sasuke's appearance. "He's coming." Said Lucy quietly. Sasuke arrives at the last second with Kakashi Hatake. Gaara kills a pair of ninja who are attempting to fix the match on his way to enter the arena. The match commences.

Lucy was seem excited to see Sasuke. "As usual, he always look so cool. That Sasuke..." Said Lucy with a smile on her face. Just after the match started, Gaara had another brutal headache and started talking about his mother. The scene changed to Naruto and Shikamaru in a flashback of the hospital events. Then Sasuke and Gaara officially started fighting. As Lee did previously, using the speed and taijutsu abilities he gained during his training, Sasuke is able to by pass Gaara's sand-based defences with ease. Lucy was proud on Sasuke. "Go for it, Sasuke." Said Lucy support Sasuke.

While the match continues, Naruto and Shikamaru both reflect on how Gaara thinks that his point in life is to kill others. Naruto decides that if the match continues, Sasuke will die, and rushes upstairs to tell Kakashi to stop the match. However, this time Gaara, determined to kill Sasuke, retreats inside his Shield of Sand to begin his transformation. Lucy seem have a trouble feeling. "I have a bad feeling. It's going right now? Orochimaru! Did he going to kill Third hokage? Should I save him?" Said Lucy lowly thinking about it.

With Gaara unable to move while within his shield, and Sasuke unable to break through its defence, Sasuke decided to use his new technique: the Chidori. With it, Sasuke was able to pierce Gaara's shield, stopping his transformation, and becoming the second person to ever injure Gaara. Lucy then get up to find Kabuto. She had ordered Himeko to stay helping the other which Himeko obey her. "I need to do something. I need to communicate with Third hokage. Use with telepathy, that's it." Said Lucy find Kabuto but guess that he good hiding.

At that moment, Kabuto Yakushi used a genjutsu to put the audience to sleep, signalling the start of the Konoha Crush. Lucy was stop her track when she feel genjutsu make her growl lowly. She know that Kabuto doing this to the audience. She also figured out that Naruto had fall in trap sleep too. After Sakura awakened Naruto and discovered that Shikamaru had dispelled the genjutsu as well but was just faking sleep to avoid any conflict, Kakashi instructs them to track down Sasuke and stop him. Then after they have done that, they should wait and hide in a safe place and wait for further orders.

Meanwhile, Orochimaru begins his battle with his former sensei, The Third Hokage. They both display powerful techniques in what the observing Anbu describes as a "Kage-level battle". Early in the battle, Orochimaru summons the First Hokage and Second Hokage from the dead to fight the Third. The risen Hokage apologise to their former student as Orochimaru prepares them for combat. The Second Hokage says that it is the forbidden technique Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation. Lucy had finally arrived make Third hokage noticed of her appearance. Hiruzen then link his mind talking to Lucy which she accepted his link for a conversation.