eight.

+ morning +

"Good morning" someone shouted into my room as I opened my eyes slowly, turning my head against the satin pillowcase to see Tom walking into my room, closing the door behind him. I squinted as I let out a loud groan, Tom bouncing around the room like a child who had just swallowed a couple handfuls of sugar cubes. I turned over, facing the large windows as I pulled the sheets over my face, not knowing the time but guessing it was way to early for him to be waking me up. The floor boards squeaked under his feet as he kept repeating "Wake up" over and over again with a wide smile on his face.

He was wearing a pair of slacks and his white shirts till untucked and the top buttons undone, only having his socks on as he danced around the room. I pushed my hands over my ears, letting out a bother loud groan as I squeezed my eyes shut as tight as possible. Tom ran over to the bed, throwing himself onto it as the whole thing shook under his weight, making me let out a loud grown as the wood creaked under his weight. "Get up" he said to me slapping me in the leg as I let out a sigh, pulling the sheets away from my face. The sheer curtains were letting in the morning sun, letting it filter through the room as I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.

"What's the time?" I asked him, my voice groggy as I scratching the top of my head, my hair in a tangled mess. "7" Tom replied with a sigh, lying the wrong way on the bed as he stared up at the roof, his hands resting behind his head. "Happy birthday" I said to him, clearing my throat as I closed my eyes once again, just wanting to be asleep right now. "Thank you, thank you" Tom said loudly as I pulled the sheets up to my chin, having to yank them from under Tom as I let out a loud sigh. "It's my birthday you have to wake up now" Tom said as he hit my in the leg once again, this time a bit harder as his hand struck the bedsheets. "Come back to me in 2 hours and ask me to get up, then i'll consider it" I said, kicking him in the arm as as I let out a small groan, squashing half of the pillow over my head to try and block him out.

"Wake up" Tom shouted at me once again, kicking me as I threw the pillow at him, his hand catching it before it slapped him in the face, causing him to just swiftly prop it behind his head. "Surely you wake up this early at boarding" Tom said with a heavy sigh as I opened my eyes, squinting at the bright light as I raked my hair away from my face. "But I am not at boarding now, am I?" I asked him, closing my eyes once again as I tried to pull the sheets further up, Tom's present on them disturbing that as I heaved before giving up.

"No but it's my birthday so it's a special occasion" he told me, causing me to let out a heavy sigh as I pulled my hair from under my head, sprawling it out over the pillow. "Not only am I being forced to endure a 5 course meal tonight but you've woken me up before the birds" I complained, Tom letting out a loud and enthusiastic laugh as I rubbed my eyes with the backs of my hands. "Listen carefully" Tom said as she feel silent, holding his finger up in the air as we both laid there in utter quiet, the small turn of birds chirping audible on the other side of my windows. "Look at that, the birds are awake and so are you" Tom said as he let his arm fall back down making me let out a loud groan as I covered my face with my hands.

"You literally came home for my birthday you cannot sleep through it" Tom said as he grabbed the pillow that was under his head, smacking me with it in the head as I let out a small squeal. "Why do I need to be awake?" I asked him, holding my arms in front of my face to protect myself, Tom sitting up as he smiled at me brightly. "I want to play polo" he declared, setting the pillow back down me to o my head as I raised my eyebrows at him. "And?" I questioned, Tom pointing his finger at me as he waved it around in the air like he was telling me off. "You're going to play with me" he told me, like a teacher instructing their class with their newest task

"Good one" I said with a laugh and a shake of my head, propping myself up on my elbows as I scratched the side of my neck. "I'm not joking" he said to me as I stared at him for a moment, wiping the sleep from the corners of my eyes as I shook my head blankly. "I am so bad at polo" I told him as he laughed hollowly, not finding anything particularly funny as he pushed himself over to the side of the bed. "Exactly, so I will win" he said as he stood up, turning to look at me go see me shaking my head profusely at him, trying to get the point across just how much I hate playing polo. I could never actually hit the ball why on earth is it so small when the clubs are so big?

"I'm not playing" I said to him once again as he pushed his hands into the pockets of his trousers, shrugging his shoulders quickly. "It's my birthday" Tom said in defence, closing my mouth immediately as I tried to think of a rebuttal to that card. "Oh you're quiet now" Tom said with me with a smile as he turned around, walking towards the door as he held his hand up in the air, shooting me a wave without even turning to look at me. "I will see you outside on the field in 30 minutes" he shouted as I let out a loud groan, falling back down onto the bed as he left the room, letting the door close behind him.

——

A/N: more tom and kate action for you, everyone's favourite siblings
im so excited for the amount of kate and tom content you'll be getting so I hope your hyped for that too. I love writing Tom as I think he's one of the funnest characters in this book
there's some AMAZING chapters coming up soon so keep your eyes peeled for them and don't forget to vote and comment

 I love writing Tom as I think he's one of the funnest characters in this book there's some AMAZING chapters coming up soon so keep your eyes peeled for them and don't forget to vote and comment