Chapter 5 - New Powers, New Me

You were walking through Downtown Canterlot after eating lunch with Sunset Shimmer. A gentle breeze blew past you and cooled you down. The traffic on both the streets and the sidewalks was light as you walked past a tall apartment building. 

In a nearby alley, you looked up to see a spider weaving a large web. As you looked closer and closer, you started to feel...hot?

Y/N: It's...so...hot. Need...to *pant* cool...down!

Your body temperature seemed to go through the roof as you instantly started sweating. You took off your shirt and splashed yourself with water from your water bottle.

Y/N: Ahhh...

Your body cooled down to normal again as you wiped your brow.

Y/N: 'The spider from New York...was it poisonous? No, I would have been hospitalized by now. I think I need to go home.'

You saw the walk signal and started to walk through the crosswalk when a reckless driver sped towards you.

Y/N: "AAAHHH!!!"

You then jumped 30 feet into the air and the next thing you knew, you were stuck to the side of the building!

Y/N: "What's happening to me?! My fingers...why they're so sticky?"

Random guy: "How did he do that?!"

You then decided to climb up before anyone could take a picture of you and once you reached the roof, you sat down on a bench. 

You looked in shock at your fingers to see hundreds of microscopic spider scopulae (or hairs) on them.

Y/N: 'I can't believe I just jumped like 40 feet in the air and climbed up a wall! I have spider-powers!' 

You grabbed at your phone to call someone you knew about your new powers but, you put it away.

Y/N: "I can't tell anyone about this. They'll either think I'm lying or call me a freak."

You then stood up and looked across the alley underneath to see another apartment that was 2 stories taller. You then smiled and backed up to the other side of the roof. You hesitated to jump but the adrenaline kicked in.

Y/N: WOOO-HOO!!!

You were now jumping from building to building in pure joy. Your heart raced as you felt like every bone and muscle in your body had no limits.

Every jump seemed to get higher and higher while you ran faster and faster. 

Y/N: WOOOOO-OOO!!!

Your mind couldn't make sense of anything but your heart seemed to know everything.

Eventually, you landed onto a 4-story department store and walked up to the railing.

Your (dominant hand) had a new bump that was a light red and seemed to have little veins around it connecting to your bloodstream.

After this observation, you flicked your wrist, and an organic web-line shot from your hand but was blown away like a leaf.

Y/N: "Just like Ghost Spider..."

You looked at your hand again and flicked your wrist until the web attached to a nearby crane that was idle.

Your confidence to jump was wavering but, you steeled yourself and looked across the road.

Y/N: "Tally ho."

At first, you cheered but as you swung over the street, you realized you were about to collide with a billboard.

Y/N: "Whoo! Aaah-aah-AAAAHHHH!!! OOF!"

You crashed into the billboard and landed on top of an empty crate.

Y/N: "Ouch."

Author's Note: You've gained your spider-powers but, you decide what to do with them in the next chapter...