xii

now playing: this side of paradise by coyote theory 

bakugou paused for a moment as his hand continued to rummage through the bag. he couldn't help but feel confused at the words that dropped from her mouth. bakugou quickly spun around with his bag and extra jacket still in hand.

"you thought i was going to leave?" he asked quietly, looking at the girl who laid with her arms over her face. yuki picked her head up a little to see bakugou staring at her. she let out a soft squeal of surprise and laid back down. "why would you think that?"

yuki sighed and mumbled something into her arms. bakugou furrowed his eyebrows and begun to walk over to yuki. he set his backpack and jacket down on her bed. "can you repeat that?"

yuki did, though in the same fashion as before. her words her caught by the crook of her arm. her voice was timid and more muffled than the last time.
bakugo sighed and sat down on the bed next to yuki. he grabbed gently on to her arms and pulled them away from her face. he was met with yuki's eyes shut tight. though at his touch, her eyes fluttered open slowly. her pale doe eyes stared up at him. "one more time?" he whispered. the comment made yuki blush more.

she took a deep breath and started again, "i thought you wanted to..." yuki mumbled out, looking toward the window. "and you were standing by the window so,"

"it looked like i was leaving," bakugou finished her sentence. he looked down at his hands, and then pulled them away from yuki's wrists. "i wasn't, i was just grabbing some things."

yuki pushed herself up into a hunched sitting position. her eyes traveled to the backpack and to the red hoodie. she couldn't help the bubbling curiosity flaring inside of her. "what's...um what's in the bag?"

bakugou took his hand out of the backpack, and a few things fell out. "on my way out of my house, i grabbed these." bakugou huffed, almost in a shy manner. yuki stared down at the items that had fallen out. a package of crackers, a small bag of rainbow, sour candy and a water bottle. she opened her mouth and breathed out a huff of air as she smile. yuki gazed in awe at the items.

"i love these!" yuki beamed, making grabby hands at the sour candy. bakugou grinned at her giddiness. he reached up to scratch the back of his neck.

"i know," he hummed, tossing his backpack down on the floor. yuki looked up at him. bakugou sighed as he looked back into her red, glossy eyes.

"how—"

"i asked around," he smiled, pulling his body fully onto yuki's bed. he leaned against the wall she had her bed pushed up against.
yuki found herself flushing at his response. she recalled when she had muttered those same words to him. "i don't like gifts."

yuki shook out of her daze and glanced at the boy who now sat on her right. she furrowed her brows slightly as she twisted to lay on her side. "im sorry?" she asked.

"i don't like gifts," bakugou repeated as he crossed his arms around his torso. "that's why i fought you so hard when you gave me one last week." he explained lightly, letting his red eyes find her baby blue ones. "so i wanted to get you something too."

yuki fumbled with the package of the candy as she thought about what he had said. "but i didn't do anything to deserve this."

bakugou sighed, tugging at the sleeves of the hoodie he was wearing. "neither did i."