xviii

now playing: can you feel my heart by bring me the horizon 

⚠️ mentions and actions of pan!c attack ⚠️

yuki felt a single tear stroll down her cheek. she quickly blinked the rest away and rubbed her eyes. mina had a grin on her pink lips as she twisted toward the shorter girl.

"oh! yuki, what's wrong?" she asked, voice laced with concern. yuki rubbed her eyes harder before answering. she cursed at having yet another down-side of using her quirk all day; being overly sensitive.

"w-why is 'kugo in a muzzle?" yuki tried her best to remain calm, but she found it hard to when she noted how the boy was struggling to get free.

"oh! he was freakin' out because he thought todoroki could have put up a better fight," mina laughed with her eyes closed. "teachers thought he was going to get physical."

"so they put a muzzle on him? a-and restrained his hands?" yuki expressed through a harden brow. she couldn't seem to pull her eyes away from the boy. he had been thrashing his arms around aimlessly and cocking his head to the side harshly. yuki worried that the boy would hurt himself if he continued. though the slight movements of his arms, the twitching motion made her lips fall into a frown. bakugou's chest was rising and falling quickly, and yuki watched as he squeezed his eyes shut tightly.

she knew these antics. to anyone else it simply looked like the boy was being moody over his last battle; yuki knew the truth.

"i mean, i understand why they did," kirishima added as he twisted to look down at the shorter girl. "but it seems harsh."

yuki gulped as she clenched her hands around the railing of the balcony until her knuckles turned white. she was being forced to watch bakugou, somebody she cared deeply about, have a panic attack right in front of her. yuki couldn't let herself just stand and watch.

"n-no they need to take them off of him," she stammered while shaking her head. kirishima was quick to notice her change in behavior.

"whats wrong?" he asked and guided her away from the railing. kirishima lightly placed his hands on her shoulders as he gazed into her eyes.

"they have to take the restrictions off of him! t-they don't understand," yuki murmured as her body buzzed with worry. kirishima moved his hand from her shoulder up to her chin, and pulled her attention back to him.

"what don't they understand?"

yuki's eyes bounced between kirishima's eyes and the distance yelling coming from the boy down below. "i can't say," she shook her head as her eyes drilled into the blond. "forget I said anything..."

"wait is he okay?" kirishima asked, quickly flicking his eyes from yuki to bakugou. "bakugou is my friend too and if there's anything i can do to help then—"

yuki shook her head again, peeling her hands from the railing. "he'll tell you when he's ready bub," she explain. "it's not my place okay? but i gotta go."

"yuki," kirishima lightly grabbed her shoulder. "please can you just tell me if he's okay?"

"honest?" she looked over her shoulder, preparing herself to sprint down the arena stairs.