iv

now playing; ur so pretty by wasia project 

Kirishima and Yuki walked side by side until they reached their classroom at the end of the hall: Class 1-A. Yuki took a deep breath as she felt her heartbeat pick up. Kirishima noticed the girl's change in mood. He stopped walking as he was about to reach for the door handle. "You okay?"

Yuki chewed on her bottom lip. She drew blood. She huffed as she lifted a finger to her lip, seeing the crimson stain her pale skin. "Yeah, go on in." Yuki whispered towards him. "I need to use the bathroom."

"Are you sure, Yuki?" Kirishima asked, voice filled with concern.

Yuki placed a weak smile on her face before nodding; she ignored the thunder in her chest. "I'm sure!" she replied. "I'll meet you in there."

"Okay, then I'll see ya on the other side." Kirishima joked with a crooked grin as he opened the door. Yuki waved softly as she watched as he disappeared behind the door. Once Kirishima was gone, the smile on Yuki's lips faded away. Any sense of peace crumbled down into panic as she made her way to the bathroom.

Stumbling into the brightly lit bathroom, Yuki quickly hunched over a sink. Her breathing had become broken and hasty. With her heartbeat in her ears, she watched as the tsunami set in. The waves started to wash over Yuki's eyes until there was an unreadable haze over the soft lapis color. They twisted into the eye of the storm and became gray.

Yuki gripped the porcelain harshly as she tried to level herself. Yuki peered up into the mirror. She sighed when she saw what she looked like. She was lost-- distant even-- but she recognized the expression, when panic collided with dismay and barbed wire. Her pale skin flushed as red as most medical signs, but it seemed to be losing color at the same time. It was hard to determine what color was going and which was staying. Her mind wasn't as clear as it always was. It was foggy. It was hidden away-- scared of what would come of it if it came out into the clearing.

Waiting so long to open her acceptance letter led to waiting even longer to tell her parents. Yuki knew she wasn't prepared to be here. She had barely made a dent into the physical things she needed to attend high school, pushing her mental needs away from her.

She had to do it on her own. All of it. The fearful nights of no sleep, the training, the calls and emails to school. Yuki did it all by herself because no one else was there to help. Now the anxiety was creeping up her spine and slipped into her veins-- finally catching up to her.

But yuki refused to give in. Not to the storm, the disappointed looks on her parents faces, or to the racing waves she felt within her aching skeleton. She refused to give into her tired mind that hid when she needed it most. Yuki pushed the panic attack down within herself. She couldn't do it right now. Not here at U.A she could only think about the embarrassment that she would face if she wasn't strong. It would be the same fire-inducing burn that she felt every time she let it take over. The same shameful aftermath of the girl holding herself until she picked the pieces back up. It would always be the same-- and she couldn't do it. Not today.

"No..." She managed to breath out as she glanced up at herself in the mirror again. "I'm okay," she hummed. Yuki reached down to turn on the cold water. She scooped some up with her hands and gently splashed it on her cheeks. Yuki kept her hands on her warm skin for a minute before reaching down for more water. "Everything is okay, and everything is going to be okay." She whispered to herself as she turned the sink back off. Her eyes were still stationed on the water. She watched as the racing turned slowly into slow drips.

Yuki finally gazed back up at her own reflection. She was coming back to life-- or at least that's what she thought she saw. Her cheeks were free of the thin layer of blush she wore this morning, but they weren't quite as flushed anymore.

She nodded slowly to herself as she wiped her hands on her skirt. She backed away from the sink. Yuki focused her breathing and inhaled deeply. The breath slivered down her throat and into her lungs with delicate ease. "I'm okay." Yuki repeated, this time more confident, before twisting on her heels and shuffling out of the bathroom. Although she didn't know who she was trying to convince at that point-- herself, or the rest of the world.

Yuki reached out finally for class 1A's door handle. She quietly opened the door and walked in. Looking around, Yuki saw new faces chatting and laughter filled the air. Kirishima was leaning against one of the desks while talking with Kaminari. His eyes shifted from the blond boy for a moment when he heard the classroom door open. He watched as Yuki meekly shuffled her way into the class, her gaze kept to the ground. Kirishima could see how flushed her cheeks were.

The red-head furrowed his eyebrows. He stared at her for a moment longer before catching her eye. Yuki cocked her head to the left slightly, as if to ask what he wanted. Kirishima lifted one of his hands in the form of a thumbs up then pointed toward her.

Asking the girl if she was okay.

Yuki nodded with a smile and gave him a thumbs up back. Kirishima grinned as he tried to wave her over to where Kaminari, Mina and he were sitting though Yuki was already walking up to one of the last empty seats left. A seat next to a blond boy with his head down.

He smirked to himself as he crossed his arms over his chest. It was the same blond boy from their entrance exam. Kirishima chuckled lowly, pondering what exactly it was about that boy that drew someone like Yuki to him.

Yuki stood wobbling her knee, locking it and releasing, before speaking up to the boy. "Um, excuse me?" She asked quietly. "Can I sit here?" The boy kicked the seat outward upon her request, sighing with a click of his tongue. He didn't look up at all. Yuki's lips dipped into a small frown at his aggression, though she still set her bag down by the side of the table and took a seat. "Thank you." Yuki took a moment to get comfortable in the blue plastic chair before turning her head to the boy. "My name is Fujimori Yuki."

"As if I care." The ash blond grumbled. Yuki shrunk a little into her shoulders as embarrassment read on her cheeks. He rolled his eyes at her reaction, raising his head off the desk for the first time.

His eyes were met with Yuki's side profile. After his last comment, she had decided to go back to just facing the front of the classroom instead of trying to carry out their short lived conversation. He let his lips part slightly as his eyes darted across the side of her face. He stared at her rainfall eyes, looking at how the azure faded into sea foam, before being linked by the color of the late October sky in the center of her iris. He had never seen such vibrant yet complex color before-- he found it much different than his plain crimson eyes. His eyes detoured down her early sunrise skin. Her hair was the most interesting to look at in the boy's opinion. He noted color-- or rather the lack thereof. Each one of her space buns held the love of a fire's smoke. It was as though it had been touched by the electricity of lightning while still maintaining the softness of baby's breath.

He groaned to himself once he managed to tear his eyes away from her. He found it within himself to bury his ego and pride before opening his mouth, "Bakugou Katsuki." He mumbled with a sight wave of his wrist. He watched as Yuki's eyes left the front of the classroom. There was a bright glow in them as she heard his voice; a type of excitement he hadn't seen before, as though it was riddled with awestruck and hope.

"It's nice to meet you, Bakugou." She mumbled softly and gave him a smile. For some reason, Bakugou felt the corners of his lips twist up. He shrugged it off before anyone noticed.

"Whatever." He clicked his tongue and folded his arms over his chest. Yuki wanted to continue to talk to the moody boy but the classroom door burst open.

A tall figure in a bright yellow sleeping bag stood outside the door. Was that her teacher? Yuki thought to herself.

Soon a tall, rugged looking man emerged from the sleeping bag. Yuki felt her heart stop for a moment as she stared at the man. The sleepless, tired eyes and the long, raven hair was very familiar. Yuki's teacher was none other than Eraser Head. Her all time favorite hero.

"Oh my god..." She whispered to herself as she tried her best to hide her smile.

"Morning," he let out in a monotone voice as he slowly shuffled up to his desk. "We will be doing a quirk assessment, so get changed into your gym uniforms and meet me outside."

Yuki gasped to herself. A quirk assessment? Already? Yuki gulped slowly as she pushed up from her desk and watched the boy next to her do the same.