Episode 16

Seraphina's POV

At Wellston Girls' Dorm...

It's been two weeks since William, John, and I had our talk about Volcan. 

I texted the other Royals that John had just got out of the hospital and was going to go back to school in three days. They all seemed pretty relieved, even Arlo. It's funny since everyone knows those two are sworn enemies and bicker all the time about trivial things, but I guess even he knows when the line is crossed with one of Wellston's students. 

I moved my purple extensions out of my face.

Today was the day where John was going to confront Volcan. William told me that he was going to drive him to the center and be outside in case anything happened.

I sighed. 

I hope nothing goes wrong.

John's POV

At Wellston Private Center...

Here it is. Wellston Private Center. The place where they're holding Volcan.

I took a deep breath. 

There's no backing out now. Well, I wasn't going to anyway. If I hadn't been able to talk to her, then it'll all be for nothing. My life will have meant nothing. 

Sometimes, I wonder why I'm even alive. What made Volcan want a kid who she didn't even care for? Was her plan to use me for Ember all along? I didn't know.

I stepped up to the front of the building where two guards stood.

"Who're you?" a guard with dark green spiky hair and yellow eyes asked.

"I'm Volcan's...son..." I still struggled to call her my mother. "I need to talk to her."

"Bah!" the other guard laughed out loud. He had light blue hair, neater than the guy with green hair, and had dark blue eyes. "You're kidding, right?"

"I'm not." I said with a tone to make them know I was absolutely serious. "My name is John Doe. The son of the Unordinary author William Doe and the woman you're keeping here, Vanessa Fotia. I was near to death at the location of Ember's previous headquarters."

The blue guy looked at me with a skeptical look at first, but sighed. "Fine. I don't get paid enough for this anyway. Just remember to be cautious and keep a bit of a distance."

"I understand."

The spiky green haired man turned to unlock the door to the building and opened it. I bowed a bit to show a sign of gratitude and walked inside.

The inside looked normal. There were clean cream-colored walls and only a few doors, despite being a long hall. There was also an elevator at the end of it. As I walked through the first floor, I looked at the descriptions of the rooms. There was one description at the end of the hall that sparked an interest. The last room of the floor. "Room 13, Currently Holding Vanessa Fotia." 

That's it, all right. 

I opened the door and saw a huge difference in appearance.

The walls had the same cream color, but I also noticed lots of cracks on them. Did previous prisoners do this? My eyes laid on a super thick transparent wall and beyond that lied the woman I was looking for.